• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Health advice re: packages & COVID-19
5 5

137 posts in this topic

On 3/19/2020 at 6:18 PM, buttock said:

NEJM published data this week showing that the virus can live on cardboard for at least 24 hours.  Packages will be going through high-traffic facilities and a lot of hands, so it's quite possible that they could be colonized.  I would advise that you make sure that you try and keep packages out of your house, give them a day or two to decontaminate in a garage or back porch before handling, and wash your hands and discard packaging immediately after opening.  

Good luck and stay safe. 

Is this still relevant, Buttock? 

a few months back, I heard or read (I can’t remember which) that it doesn’t last that long on any kind of surface. Do we have an addendum to this research yet? 

thanks!

On 9/11/2020 at 8:23 PM, thirdgreenham said:

Is this still relevant, Buttock? 

a few months back, I heard or read (I can’t remember which) that it doesn’t last that long on any kind of surface. Do we have an addendum to this research yet? 

thanks!

That is still accurate BUT the amount of the  virus decreases a lot within that 24 hours.

26 minutes ago, Grails said:

👌

The COVID blog has 2,000 pages of this anti american diatribe ,this will be welcomed with open arms there , I do agree it’s been a rough year for families and I’m sorry you worked in a place with corruption but it’s more common than we think with big ministry and it just got a whole lot bigger - I for one am pretty amazed at how quickly people banded together and mass produced an effective vaccine 

Edited by Old_Man_Adam

7 minutes ago, Grails said:

Anti-American? You have me pegged. Sorry for the dose of reality. 

I don’t think you’re capable of issuing me a “ dose of reality “ which I’m not already familiar with - current vantage point notwithstanding but I do see your point about the wastes involved and how people are poo- pooing it , I agree 💯 

Edited by Old_Man_Adam

11 minutes ago, Grails said:

Roger that, I’ve reached some lows before but not sinking into a chat board argument. As I said, was responding truthfully to someone else. I wore the EGA for a decade so you clearly have me pegged. You are correct, take care.

Good copy - my appreciation for your service jarhead , always a privilege to converse with a vet , my response to your response was based on how only negativity seems to be associated with this country lately , foreign and domestic ....I’m sure you understand 

Edited by Old_Man_Adam

11 minutes ago, Old_Man_Adam said:

Good copy - my appreciation for your service jarhead , always a privilege to converse with a vet , my response to your response was based on how only negativity seems to be associated with this country lately ....I’m sure you understand 

Ha, I didn’t think you would know what that was. I do understand, our country is falling apart and it breaks my heart. But we will get through it. 
Please delete my quoted long winded post as it’s not relevant here. And the privilege is mine as well.

Edited by Grails

11 minutes ago, Grails said:

Ha, I didn’t think you would know what that was. I do understand, our country is falling apart and it breaks my heart. But we will get through it. 
Please delete my quoted long winded response as it’s not relevant here. And the privilege is mine as well.

Stay safe brother and call your shots out there :headbang:

Find Your Place in the Vaccine Line

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/12/03/opinion/covid-19-vaccine-timeline.html

my result:

Based on your risk profile, we believe you’re in line behind 23.0 million people across the United States.

When it comes to Arizona, we think you’re behind 496,900 others who are at higher risk in your state.

And in Maricopa County, you’re behind 334,000 others.

2 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

Find Your Place in the Vaccine Line

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/12/03/opinion/covid-19-vaccine-timeline.html

my result:

Based on your risk profile, we believe you’re in line behind 23.0 million people across the United States.

When it comes to Arizona, we think you’re behind 496,900 others who are at higher risk in your state.

And in Maricopa County, you’re behind 334,000 others.

1 hour ago, wilbil said:

i had 3 different people besides me try this. different ages. different risk. 1 health care work.

all were behind 23 mil. go figure

Yeah well, welcome to Florida.  If you ain't first you last. In this case apparently I am last. 

Truly I knew I would be pretty far back , but still O.o20201210_160630.jpg.c12cf030f1f9a0f7126fa0f1b8110769.jpg

3 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Yeah well, welcome to Florida.  If you ain't first you last. In this case apparently I am last. 

Truly I knew I would be pretty far back , but still O.o20201210_160630.jpg.c12cf030f1f9a0f7126fa0f1b8110769.jpg

The REAL question is what will be the 1st "Florida  Man gets Covid Vaccine and....." be? lol

Edited by Comics4All

10 minutes ago, Comics4All said:

The REAL question is what will be the 1st "Florida  Man gets Covid Vaccine and....." be? lol

Apparently I will get to see 17.4 million Floridians get theirs first so sure there will be plenty of "Florida Man" incidents prior to my place in line.. ( although truth be told regardless of place in line I wasn't going to be rushing out to get vaccinated first) 

On 12/31/2020 at 2:59 PM, engelhard said:

i have an opinion and some facts...  but in this day and age stuff like that gets deleted or you get banned

so i leave you all with this

Happy New Year

I Like George Carlin but I doubt he performed this recently... :)

7 minutes ago, mtlevy1 said:

I Like George Carlin but I doubt he performed this recently... :)

I love George Carlin, but considering he passed in 2008 , he hasn't done anything recently..... 

On 3/31/2021 at 2:03 AM, HendersonClaire said:

You know, during the covid, everyone began to feel worse, if only because in the first months of quarantine, people experienced nervous exhaustion and emotional burnout. It is very difficult to recover and get used to the new rules such as masks and antiseptics. I miss the countries I haven't been to and I want to fly there as soon as possible. So many lost hopes and opportunities. I gained a lot of weight in quarantine because I tend to eat up my stress with a lot of delicious food, but now I'm trying to lose weight and not without help. The result is there and it is obvious. Soon I'll be like a doll

So you joined March 31 and posted this March 31. And only one post. You making any $$ from this? I deleted your link just in case.