• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Health advice re: packages & COVID-19
5 5

137 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Mr. Zipper said:

I am dealing with this on my job. The answer is yes. Spain and Poland have suspended mail. More likely to come soon.

Thanks... I've noticed an increase in orders headed overseas using eBay GSP so I was wondering. 

In the last 19 days, I've sent out three that were headed to Canada, one to China, and one to Australia.   I am wondering what happens when a nation closes its borders before the mail is delivered.  Could be interesting to see how eBay handles it because there could be quite a few claims.  With GSP it's on their end if I understand it correctly once they process the order in Kentucky. 

On 3/19/2020 at 7:59 PM, skypinkblu said:

Well, I just transferred the box I had in my hallway where I dumped today's package into the garage. 

I guess it's too late for the other stuff, although I opened the packages and even lysoled the scissors...

I have a tendency to over clean...but it doesn't seem like even that is enough.

From everything I've read and heard, thoroughly washing your hands is essential. I've also heard that a bucket of water with a 10% bleach solution is an effective cleaning measure (which can also be used in a spray bottle)...

I'm in contract to have my bathroom redone during this time period.  Due to village code and the reality that there was no way to hide the dumpster, I had to go through the town and used a local company to do it. 

My main concern now is whether or not this is going to get done and how long it will take.  At some point they have to redo the plumbing and will be shutting the water supply off to the house for a bit. 

They start April 8th :( 

On 3/24/2020 at 1:07 PM, Buzzetta said:

I'm in contract to have my bathroom redone during this time period.  Due to village code and the reality that there was no way to hide the dumpster, I had to go through the town and used a local company to do it. 

My main concern now is whether or not this is going to get done and how long it will take.  At some point they have to redo the plumbing and will be shutting the water supply off to the house for a bit. 

They start April 8th :( 

@greggy Update...they called me around 10am.

Village Hall is closed for the foreseeable future so the permits are unobtainable right now.   They are holding $7,000 of my money right now which was for the downpayment of on the supplies and everything else.  The entire job was to cost around $22,000-$23,000.  They do not have a projected start date.

Worse than that though, the company temporarily laid off their employees including my service representative.  I asked if he was alright and he said that they were told to hopefully be out of work for no more than 8-10 weeks.    I don't know how guys like my service rep are expected to get by like this. 

I have to think the Post Office is randomly sampling and if there were any instances of this being spread by mail, we would have heard by now. 

That said, as an extra precaution I am tossing all mail into a 1 day quarantine (a large paper bag in the corner). If it is something I want to open immediately, I am spraying with Lysol. 

Anything that has been in transit for 2 or more days is fine on the inside. The virus would not survive the trip.

I’m curious if anyone took these precautions with their mail and packages before CV19?  There are plenty of other pathogens to worry about as well.

Maybe this is part of the new normal we are being told about. 
hm

I don't even do it now.  I remove the packaging and wash my hands. Even the filthy carp from France, NY and NJ.  And especially NC.

5 hours ago, lizards2 said:

I don't even do it now.  I remove the packaging and wash my hands. Even the filthy carp from France, NY and NJ.  And especially NC.

Hey Lizzy, I suggest you lick your fingers before washing so you can taste the barbecue sauce someone spilled when packing your order :p  

Edited by ChrispyC66

On 3/24/2020 at 11:50 AM, Mr. Zipper said:

I am dealing with this on my job. The answer is yes. Spain and Poland have suspended mail. More likely to come soon.

Were sales suspended either to or from China?  I have a package held up and have not been able to get a straight answer as to which side is holding it up.

Specifically Beijing

Thanks in advance. 

Edited by Buzzetta

49 minutes ago, drbanner said:
On 4/9/2020 at 10:29 PM, lizards2 said:

:mad:

Yours..., well, I let that sit on the porch for a few days, and let cats spray it.  You can't be too careful these days...., :cool: