• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this defect an automatic .5 grade?

11 posts in this topic

As a follow up, it's not automatic, but how likely is a .5?

Trying to determine if I'm going to submit this.

If it's a .5 I'll just keep it raw, but if goes up to even a 1.0 I'd probably slab it. A green label wouldn't bother me.

52 minutes ago, Drahcirh said:

If it's a .5 I'll just keep it raw, but if goes up to even a 1.0 I'd probably slab it. A green label wouldn't bother me.

If you want a grade, post in "hey buddy can you spare a grade" section

2 hours ago, Drahcirh said:

I don't so much want a grade as I want an indication that it won't be slapped with the .5 incomplete.

One thing we're all pretty much in agreement on is that it won't automatically draw an incomplete grade. There's not enough missing for that to be a consideration.

18 hours ago, Drahcirh said:

A lot depends on the rest of the book. If the book is extremely low grade to begin with, the missing piece could be factored into the overall grade. If the rest of the book is in decent shape with no major flaws, the missing piece could also result in a Qualified label. Either way, it is very likely there will be a note on the label concerning the missing piece...