• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Poll: bad idea or worst idea ever from Marvel?
1 1

161 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, Juno Beach said:

Safespace

Sounds a bit too topical in our current pandemic situation.

Timing could’ve been better.

I thought this posting was a joke. Joke's on me -  actually on the Marvel site.

"Snowflake is non-binary and goes by they/them, and has the power to generate individual crystalized snowflake-shaped shurikens. The connotations of the word 'snowflake' in our culture right now are something fragile, and this is a character who is turning it into something sharp".

"Snowflake is the person who has the more offensive power, and Safespace is the person who has the more defensive power. The idea is that they would mirror each other and complement each other."

Didn't they just recover from a similar mistake around 2015?  I don't understand why they do this.  I know todays 8 - 15 yr olds are different but are they really that different?  This will fail but I realize Marvel has to try something different to keep relevant...  I have my doubts this approach will do it.

Just now, comicquant said:

Didn't they just recover from a similar mistake around 2015?  I don't understand why they do this.  I know todays 8 - 15 yr olds are different but are they really that different?  This will fail but I realize Marvel has to try something different to keep relevant...  I have my doubts this approach will do it.

Pandering in place of storytelling seems to be the new norm for Marvel.  

Why can't Marvel simply hire anyone who can write the "superhero" from their own identity rather than awkwardly attempting to create the character without understanding each individual's true character?

You can't create the deaf character without understanding the deaf culture, language, barriers and knowledge like I do!

Also, I tried to understand my own kids who are 12 and 14 years old and their perspectives.  Marvel has money and has to hire them!

Edited by JollyComics

The only character who moderately intrigues me is the vampire kid. Has that angle happened before? Someone taking Morbius' blood and getting his abilities? I mean its not unique but compared to the others that are just sad.

I always thought the original New Warriors were lame anyways sooo....

Bad idea, maybe boring, but there are much worse ideas such as Marville or Jeph Loeb's Ultimatum.

Edited by Ken Aldred