• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Poll: bad idea or worst idea ever from Marvel?
1 1

161 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Jëffrö... said:

This might make Shooter's New Universe look like a good idea. 

I was just reading some NU marvel last week.So awful.

Dreadful.I parcelled them up for the bad kids gifts lol Johnny,you've been terrible this year,but since no one is left out these days,here you go.Now,READ mmmmmwaaahahaha

The House of Dumb Ideas is back!
More social nitwittery from the mighty bull**** pen!
I thought America chavez was bad they managed to top that!
kudos!

throwing ice shurikens reminds me of that famous stan lee liefeld video where he explains his new hero throws explosive boomerangs.
Keep in mind-boomerangs RETURN.

Edited by kav

2 hours ago, batman_fan said:
9 hours ago, paperheart said:

Marvel free since 2012

Marvel free since 2010.  Stan Lee just rolled over in his grave.

The last time I bought a new Marvel, the year began with 1.

1 minute ago, Lazyboy said:

You know, I can see that.  I am trying to remember the last time I really enjoyed a Marvel series.  I think it may have been Spiderman Hobgoblin series, New Mutants first few issues, Fallen Angels, and John Buscema's 2nd run on Avengers and maybe the Byrne Fantastic Four run.  Only newer run was Ultimate Spiderman first dozen or so issues.

There were plenty of good books put out like Ultimates and civil war but not so much recently.  Ever since marvel went full SJW its beeen nothing but facepalm stuff with a few exceptions.  

If anyone wants to take a fun trip down Memory Lane, go read a similar thread from when Marvel announced the Young Avengers series. I don't know anything about these characters but the herd certainly was wrong about The Y.As.

3 hours ago, kav said:

There were plenty of good books put out like Ultimates and civil war but not so much recently.  Ever since marvel went full SJW its beeen nothing but facepalm stuff with a few exceptions.  

that would make a good new Marvel super villain   - "FACE-PALM"   he could be a Joker type villain, every time he saw the new SJW warriors he would give himself a face palm and then try and defeat them because they were clueless heroes who were bad for society.... .

31 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

that would make a good new Marvel super villain   - "FACE-PALM"   he could be a Joker type villain, every time he saw the new SJW warriors he would give himself a face palm and then try and defeat them because they were clueless heroes who were bad for society.... .

I have first issue sketched out-it takes place on college campus/nursery school/safe (from opposing ideas) space-

17 minutes ago, kav said:

I have first issue sketched out-it takes place on college campus/nursery school/safe (from opposing ideas) space-

during the encounters... every single thing the SJW warriors say would be so idiotic that it would elicit a face palm from our new villain "FACE-PALM"

eventually the warriors would defeat him in the first issue because he would palm his face so many times his eyes would get all swollen shut and he was captured...

but of course in the next issue a snowflake judge would say he couldn't go to jail because it was a sanctuary city....

6 hours ago, Lazyboy said:

I got X-Men Grand Design, before that the first few Noir minis from 2009. Haven’t bought an in-continuity floppy since around 1992 maybe? I had a subscription to ASM during the Erik Larsen run

Ms Marvel (Kamala Khan) was very good across two series.  Tom King's Vision, Al Ewing's Immortal Hulk, Waid and Samnee's Daredevil; the usual, commonplace thread recommendations.

Jonathan Hickman's work seems polarising, but I like his Fantastic Four, Avengers, Infinity and Secret Wars.  During this time of pandemic withdrawal, I may read though his epic, high-concept Secret Wars storyline again, which actually had quite a few high quality mini-series tie-ins as well. Either seen as overblown, drawn-out and pretentious by some, or, I favour a common alternative description; Crisis on Infinite Earths cranked up to 11.

Edited by Ken Aldred

I agree with several of the previous comments and see myself in the same spot:  As noted above, I also haven't bought a new Marvel since a year starting with "1" but I can see the point made about the "Young Avengers" success as well since it was an idea I thought was ludicrous at the time.  Maybe in this case one would have to read these character descriptions to the targeted age group and there might indeed be interest in someone with a "magic backpack" or someone else who loves that "classical music from '00 and '10" so they pulled the trigger.  (As an aside I remember one of the things that got me reading Marvel in the first place was that they professed not to "speak down" to their readers or target specific age groups and made their stories interesting to young and old alike).  I don't want to be that old guy who tells the kids to get off the lawn so I'll look for a positive here and applaud the efforts to entice the younger generation to read - not an easy task in today's gaming society.  Maybe this will help open developing minds to the alternate attraction/escapism/informativeness that reading provides.  Maybe it will better develop such skills.  Maybe these young readers will then be encouraged to seek out earlier Marvel books and read the stories through those Omnibus or regular "floppies" as these young 'uns call them.  Maybe in the future they'll even be here on the boards carrying on the collecting bug and trying to track down those HTF early ASM or FF that they've heard so much about.  Maybe.

That said, I wouldn't buy this putridity with someone else's money.

'Her “magic backpack” is actually a pocket dimension with seemingly infinite space, from which she can pull out useful or random objects—it’s not always under her control.'

Accessing random objects doesn't sound like a particularly useful ability, and, against the wrong opponent, potentially fatal. For example, against Thanos you'd want to specifically retrieve an Infinity Gem, not get a potato instead.

Edited by Ken Aldred

I am not certain who the target market is for this team.

I can't stand the character names, and wording in the descriptions is very irritating. Example: They’re hyper aware of modern culture and optics

Prediction: this will fail horribly proving that no one at Marvel is aware of modern culture in the slightest.