• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Connect?

4 posts in this topic

Has anyone sold with Comic Connect recently?

I sold books in November and didn't get paid until February. Still awaiting payment for a sale in December.

I contacted them and they said they'd cut a check and sign it that day. Still waiting. 

I love these guys, have bought and sold with them over the years and never a problem.

And all of this was before Covid19, though I'm sure that's not helping now.

They won’t pay you until they get paid by the buyer, so if the buyers are lagging in getting their payments out, then the longer you are going to wait. I’ve found them to be quite upfront if you check with them about delays in payment.

3 minutes ago, Jaylam said:

They won’t pay you until they get paid by the buyer, so if the buyers are lagging in getting their payments out, then the longer you are going to wait. I’ve found them to be quite upfront if you check with them about delays in payment.

I was told the delay on the February payment was an accounting error. It still took several weeks after that to get paid. One involved a buyer who I was told was dying. He bid, won, and now is dying and can't pay. This last payment I've been told the check has been cut, so they've been paid. Still waiting. I'm a patient person but 3-4 months to get paid, when it's never been that long in the past, is worrying.

1 hour ago, MatterEaterLad said:

I was told the delay on the February payment was an accounting error. It still took several weeks after that to get paid. One involved a buyer who I was told was dying. He bid, won, and now is dying and can't pay. This last payment I've been told the check has been cut, so they've been paid. Still waiting. I'm a patient person but 3-4 months to get paid, when it's never been that long in the past, is worrying.

Yes, that is troubling. If I give them a large lot of books I usually ask for an advance, as like you here, I've found it can take months for all the payments to come through and I end up having to check with them about those last few stragglers.