• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Strange Adventures
7 7

740 posts in this topic

Did anyone here know that a Strange Adventures TV series has actually been in the works as of 2019 with HBO??!! I had no clue haha. It doesn't sound like it's really based off the original comic series, but maybe just using the series or maybe it's the more modern series as a map.

Here's the description from the most recent article I could find on it as of October, 2020:

Strange Adventures, the title of a long-running comic book series, is a superhero anthology series that will feature characters from across the DC canon. The drama will explore close-ended morality tales about the intersecting lives of mortals and superhumans. It’s executive produced by Greg Berlanti, Sarah Schechter, and John Stephens.

https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/green-lantern-strange-adventures-dc-super-hero-high-hbo-max-orders-dc-comics-series/

6 hours ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Did anyone here know that a Strange Adventures TV series has actually been in the works as of 2019 with HBO??!! I had no clue haha. It doesn't sound like it's really based off the original comic series, but maybe just using the series or maybe it's the more modern series as a map.

Here's the description from the most recent article I could find on it as of October, 2020:

Strange Adventures, the title of a long-running comic book series, is a superhero anthology series that will feature characters from across the DC canon. The drama will explore close-ended morality tales about the intersecting lives of mortals and superhumans. It’s executive produced by Greg Berlanti, Sarah Schechter, and John Stephens.

https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/green-lantern-strange-adventures-dc-super-hero-high-hbo-max-orders-dc-comics-series/

If I had heard about it, I had forgotten.  But that may be why they went for the "Strange Adventures" name for the recent series rather than Adam Strange.

It's actually surprising how few comics actually titled "Adam Strange" have been published over the years: not counting reprints, there were two limited series and 3 specials, two of which he shared title credit on.  14 total issues.

Soo many cool books in this series! I would love to have the #1 CGC registry set someday, but don't think that's going to happen with zzutak at the top. His set is INSANE! Happy to be a distant #2 though lol. And enjoy seeing all the awesome stuff posted in here!

Edited by LDarkseid1