• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Be creative here while you are self-quarantine.

36 posts in this topic

I like the title of this thread Michael...anybody want to post family recipes and how to make it? , tutorials on drawing?, fixing stuff around the house? Music , some guitar tutorials?. Yea i know i can Youtube stuff, but what about stuff from the community?

I want to learn on guitar:

1. "Whipping Post" from Allman Bros? Fingerings, amp settings etc

2. "Heart of the Matter", Don Henley, same

3. "Badge", Cream, same

4. even new bands like Khraungbin...

thoughts?

You might be able to get tutorials on line.  I’ve been on partial lockdown for two weeks. I’ve almost got “Killing Floor” by Hendrix down. Found it on the internet. 

Everything here is now locked down. I was able yesterday afternoon just before complete lock down to get guitar strings and special dog food. They say nothing but “essentials” well, essential is strings for me and my mongrels gotta eat...

30 minutes ago, Casablanca said:

I like the title of this thread Michael...anybody want to post family recipes and how to make it? , tutorials on drawing?, fixing stuff around the house? Music , some guitar tutorials?. Yea i know i can Youtube stuff, but what about stuff from the community?

I want to learn on guitar:

1. "Whipping Post" from Allman Bros? Fingerings, amp settings etc

2. "Heart of the Matter", Don Henley, same

3. "Badge", Cream, same

4. even new bands like Khraungbin...

thoughts?

Show us what you have created at home!

21 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

You might be able to get tutorials on line.  I’ve been on partial lockdown for two weeks. I’ve almost got “Killing Floor” by Hendrix down. Found it on the internet. 

Everything here is now locked down. I was able yesterday afternoon just before complete lock down to get guitar strings and special dog food. They say nothing but “essentials” well, essential is strings for me and my mongrels gotta eat...

Food thoughts?

Just now, JollyComics said:

Show us what you have created at home!

Darn, hate being called out!...

Ok i got some video of me playing "Fluorescent Adolescent" by Arctic Monkeys and Todd Rundgrens" "Hello its me"....think i have " "Zombie" by Cranberries and the great Delores O'Riordan (RIP)

8 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

no no.. i think i was looking for members of THIS community posting their own stuff or lessons. I can find tutorials on line but how about a homegrown thread of stuff?

I recommend listening to anything on Don Odells Legends on Youtube.  Especially Samantha Fish.

the Coronavirus can go to heck.

Edited by lizards2
family recipes also available...,

Well, I have a picture of it around here somewhere...

BsO1Tue.jpg

Yes, those are hot-dipped galvanized nails I used for the pegs, they are peened over on the back side. I blued the blade with a Bernz-O-Matic torch, but it didn't turn out well because of some finish that was put on over the "Alaska" applique. FTR - this was an old bat I found in my house, and the ulu knife was a decorative piece I found elsewhere; it had some cheap-o cast resin handle on it that I broke away with a hammer. After that, it was a simple matter of drilling a line of holes (and some light chiseling) for the "tangs" of the ulu, then lining up the holes that were in each tang to drill for my pegs (nails). It probably weighs about a pound overall. A very light axe, and while I plan on never using it, one never knows what life will throw at them... especially now!

:ohnoez:  lol  :)

-slym

18 hours ago, lizards2 said:

I recommend listening to anything on Don Odells Legends on Youtube.  Especially Samantha Fish.

the Coronavirus can go to heck.

:headbang:

MiUMPPN.jpg

aX6d4gV.jpg

Swamp Ash body and pickguard
Custom "fish" f-hole
Nitro-cellulose lacquer finish
Maple/rosewood neck
Standard "C" neck profile
Compound radius fretboard
25.5 scale length
Delaney "Everest" Humbucker pickups
Hipshot hardtail bridge
Hipshot tuners
Master volume and tone
Three-way switch

1 hour ago, slym2none said:

Well, I have a picture of it around here somewhere...

BsO1Tue.jpg

Yes, those are hot-dipped galvanized nails I used for the pegs, they are peened over on the back side. I blued the blade with a Bernz-O-Matic torch, but it didn't turn out well because of some finish that was put on over the "Alaska" applique. FTR - this was an old bat I found in my house, and the ulu knife was a decorative piece I found elsewhere; it had some cheap-o cast resin handle on it that I broke away with a hammer. After that, it was a simple matter of drilling a line of holes (and some light chiseling) for the "tangs" of the ulu, then lining up the holes that were in each tang to drill for my pegs (nails). It probably weighs about a pound overall. A very light axe, and while I plan on never using it, one never knows what life will throw at them... especially now!

:ohnoez:  lol  :)

-slym

What a beauty than Negan's "Lucille" barbed wired bat.

Edited by JollyComics