• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is there currently any delay in the submission process?

6 posts in this topic

Depending on the tier of service the next step is waiting. Look at CGC’s turn around times for that tier on their website, and that will give you a good ide of how long the wait will be. Value tier has the longest wait times ATM. 

Once the books move from received to scheduled for grading things pick up in pace, but you won’t get grades until the books  physically ship out of CGC’ s facility. 

The one small observation that I can contribute is that they seem to be opening boxes relatively quickly. I sent in two submissions last week and they made it onto my invoice list very quickly (next day) relative to what I saw 6-8 months ago.

46 minutes ago, mysterio said:

The one small observation that I can contribute is that they seem to be opening boxes relatively quickly. I sent in two submissions last week and they made it onto my invoice list very quickly (next day) relative to what I saw 6-8 months ago.

I can confirm this...

Here is my latest experience. I dropped off 4 books at C2E2 on Friday, 02/28/2020. All three books were marked received on 03/05/2020.

Black Knight #1 - Express tier - Shipped 03/11/2020 - 5 days turnaround - Spot on
Rawhide Kid #17 - Standard tier - Shipped 04/01/2020 - 20 days turnaround - 2 days late
Strange Tales #115 and Black Knight #2 - Economy tier - Shipped 04/20/2020 - 21 days turnaround - 17 days early