• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CAF CON 2020 - Virtual Art Con - Tomorrow 11 AM!
2 2

42 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, RBerman said:

I was wondering about that. Do prices tend to get marked up for cons because buyers perceive a "now or never" pressure?

I have heard that said, and it must be true in some cases. But, there are also pages I have watched on line and which are also at shows carrying the same price. At shows, I mostly go looking for what artists themselves are selling since they probably don’t have it on-line, as well as some dealers/sellers who don’t have much, if anything, on-line.

52 minutes ago, MagnusX said:

Sellers are not aware of the new world / reality...
A package of toilet paper may be more valuable that OA...

Agreed, I’m offering 10 rolls of two ply for Kirby pages...don’t pass on this great offer!

20 minutes ago, zhamlau said:

I keep checking sold prices on eBay, seems they are.

Yep. Lost a sweet little Batman splash yesterday. I hoping to get it on the cheap. It still went cheap but I was hoping for no competition. Lol

1 hour ago, Shemp said:

Yep. Lost a sweet little Batman splash yesterday. I hoping to get it on the cheap. It still went cheap but I was hoping for no competition. Lol

The Cam? I talked to someone about that we felt it was about market actually.

36 minutes ago, zhamlau said:

The Cam? I talked to someone about that we felt it was about market actually.

Nah! A Batman title splash from one of the main titles for $850. Thats cheap. 

I could see it being listed somewhere else for $1250-$1500. I liked it but not enough to chase it.

Edited by Shemp

24 minutes ago, Shemp said:

Nah! A Batman title splash from one of the main titles for $850. Thats cheap. 

I could see it being listed somewhere else for $1250-$1500. I liked it but not enough to chase it.

His back is too you and it’s Cam Kennedy , little suspect value wise IMO. I figured 1000 though.

3 hours ago, zhamlau said:

Agreed, I’m offering 10 rolls of two ply for Kirby pages...don’t pass on this great offer!

You beat me to it - I don't want to create a price war in this situation or I'd go a even dozen rolls!

6 hours ago, artdealer said:

Yes.

And is anyone really buying art with what’s going on?

Cabin fever.  Collectors stuck at home are more focused and less distracted with nothing to do but being on the internet.  With the lawmakers' idea that everyone in the US is getting cash...

3 hours ago, mtlevy1 said:

You beat me to it - I don't want to create a price war in this situation or I'd go a even dozen rolls!

The times may change, The market may change, but the Cabal lives on.

Any one that is taking this virus seriously ,which should be every body,is in a dilemma  like myself.On one hand there is nothing that makes me happier than a new art piece and I could really use that feeling it right now.I even enjoy the anticipation of receiving it in the mail. On the other hand I feel like I should hold on to my cash .because of the uncertain future of things. Hard decision because there are several pages out there that I had my eye on recently and they have been snatched up by other collectors .

57 minutes ago, rrichards said:

Any one that is taking this virus seriously ,which should be every body,is in a dilemma  like myself.On one hand there is nothing that makes me happier than a new art piece and I could really use that feeling it right now.I even enjoy the anticipation of receiving it in the mail. On the other hand I feel like I should hold on to my cash .because of the uncertain future of things. Hard decision because there are several pages out there that I had my eye on recently and they have been snatched up by other collectors .

I was churning this same thought in my head last week. What I wound up doing was commissioning a couple artists , with all the shows canceled and most being independent contractors they are in more trouble then me for now anyway.

2 hours ago, rrichards said:

Is not a dilemma,
this situation is escalating day by day.

Hold to your cash and resources,
when and if we come back to the old good days
you can purchase any piece of art your heart loves...

4 hours ago, MagnusX said:

Is not a dilemma,
this situation is escalating day by day.

Hold to your cash and resources,
when and if we come back to the old good days
you can purchase any piece of art your heart loves...

If I saw a piece I really liked, I doubt I would hold back if the price were reasonable. But, I won't go out and buy something I'm so-so on, just because I have "the itch" unless there was one helluva discount.

Bought a piece that was discounted nicely. 

I missed the announcements on this event - was there any ask or expectation that the pieces would be discounted in any way? Or was it just another way to get art in front of people for sale?