• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THREAD CLOSED
1 1

44 posts in this topic

Golden Age slabs for sale!  All prices include shipping to the US only!  If you live in Canada please add another $15 to the amount listed to cover shipping.  If you live internationally outside of the US or Canada, please ask about the shipping cost first because international shipping can get very expensive. 

Feel free to DM your best offer, but the first person to claim a book in the thread will always be guaranteed the win. 

THREAD CLOSED 

First up, a beautiful Frank Frazetta cover on this high grade copy of Bobby Benson's B-Bar-B Riders #11 from 1951, graded CGC 7.0 with Cream to Off-White pages!  Only 6 unrestored copies on the census -- SOLD to @Comics-n-ERB  

IMG_3076.JPG

IMG_3078.JPG

Edited by jfletch999

For fans of Mystery Science Theater 3000 it's Reptilicus #1, graded CGC 7.5 Off-White to White pages with a killer Mastroserio cover!  From Charlton Comics 1961 so yep apparently this thread will include silver age books too.  This is the 4th highest graded of only 11 copies on the census!  I truly love this book - SOLD to @Inaflash 

IMG_3595.JPG

IMG_3597.JPG

Edited by jfletch999

1 hour ago, jfletch999 said:

For fans of Mystery Science Theater 3000 it's Reptilicus #1, graded CGC 7.5 Off-White to White pages with a killer Mastroserio cover!  From Charlton Comics 1961 so yep apparently this thread will include silver age books too.  This is the 4th highest graded of only 11 copies on the census!  I truly love this book but it can be yours for $225 shipped! 

Disclaimer -- as I'm posting this I can't seem to find the picture I took of my copy so here's a placeholder image I just downloaded.  Will be back to this thread shortly with images of the actual Reptilicus for sale, plus more books. 

reptilicus temp.jpg

:takeit: pending photo of actual book please.

Ken

Wings Comics #116 CGC 9.0 Cream to Off-White pages, stunning colors on this battle cover!  This is the 3rd highest graded of only 7 unrestored copies on the census!  Last month the 9.2 sold for $432, and sorry this one is now SOLD via PM! 

IMG_3073.JPG

IMG_3075.JPG

Edited by jfletch999

Weird Science #5 CGC 6.0 Off-White pages with a classic atomic explosion cover by Al Felstein!  "See the earth 500,000 years after the first atomic war!"  With art by Kamen, Kurtzman, and Wally Wood, plus a hypodermic needle panel noted on the slab.  SOLD to @Nic8612  

IMG_3060.JPG

IMG_3062.JPG

Edited by jfletch999

Adventure Comics #294 CGC 9.0 Off-White to White pages!  Absolutely insane cover with one of the best CGC notes yet: Bizarros masquerade as Marilyn Monroe, President Kennedy, Mickey Mantle, and Jerry Lewis!  This amazingly lunatic silver age story was written by Superman co-creator Jerry Siegel, and it's in nearly perfect condition!  SOLD to @Ghastly542454 

IMG_0175.JPG

IMG_0177.JPG

Edited by jfletch999

On 3/22/2020 at 11:35 PM, jfletch999 said:

Weird Science #5 CGC 6.0 Off-White pages with a classic atomic explosion cover by Al Felstein!  "See the earth 500,000 years after the first atomic war!"  With art by Kamen, Kurtzman, and Wally Wood, plus a hypodermic needle panel noted on the slab.  Was $275, now only $250 shipped!  

IMG_3060.JPG

IMG_3062.JPG

Take via PM!

Shadow Comics v7 #12 CGC 3.5 Off-White to White pages!  Outstanding cemetery horror cover!  Back From The Grave To Prove That Crime Does Not Pay!  One of the best covers of the series, hard to find with only 7 copies on the census!  SOLD to @Tri-ColorBrian 

IMG_5027.JPG

IMG_5029.JPG

Edited by jfletch999

On 3/22/2020 at 12:44 PM, jfletch999 said:

Golden Age slabs for sale!  All prices include shipping to the US only!  If you live in Canada please add another $15 to the amount listed to cover shipping.  If you live internationally outside of the US or Canada, please ask about the shipping cost first because international shipping can get very expensive. 

Feel free to DM your best offer, but the first person to claim a book in the thread will always be guaranteed the win. 

First up, a beautiful Frank Frazetta cover on this high grade copy of Bobby Benson's B-Bar-B Riders #11 from 1951, graded CGC 7.0 with Cream to Off-White pages!  Only 6 unrestored copies on the census, yours for $250 shipped! 

IMG_3076.JPG

IMG_3078.JPG

:takeit: per pm.

War Battles #6 CGC 5.5 with White pages!  Explosive machine gun action cover, the second highest graded of only two copies on the census!  "I ain't got no brains, but I have got hot lead! Take this yuh mutts... take this from Mighty Moe!"  SOLD to @Markentoth   

IMG_0166.JPG

IMG_0168.JPG

Edited by jfletch999