• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Favorite interior art.

121 posts in this topic

If I start posting images of favorite interior art someone will hit me with the bricks-dropped-on-head emoji for using the literal definition of interior art which is paintings hung on walls.  That I could do, but since the panel art posted in this thread is so darned impressive, I think I’ll just sit back and enjoy the show.  (thumbsu

:tink:

10 hours ago, Electricmastro said:

Indeed, and rather than taking up several panels to lead up to a dramatic or eventful panel, Fine manages to make each panel look dramatic or eventful in of themselves, as if the characters are leaping off of the pages:

WOW- you aint kidding, that jumping out of the panels stuff is awesome.  Great stuff!  I want to add Disbrow and maybe Hollingsworth and Foxx but I'm not sure if I can scan interiors with out damaging the books.

42 minutes ago, Electricmastro said:

The above Henry Kiefer page was the most striking to me, though his detailed work on Spurt Hammond from Planet Comics is worth highlighting in general. I think that he definitely deserves more credit than he gets:

Agreed!  That is outstanding- never heard of him till now.  Thanks!  Time to pu some planet reprint volumes.  Is there a way to find out what issues his work appears?

On 3/24/2020 at 1:08 AM, Black Bat said:

Agreed!  That is outstanding- never heard of him till now.  Thanks!  Time to pu some planet reprint volumes.  Is there a way to find out what issues his work appears?

Here would be a good start I think: https://www.comics.org/searchNew/?q=Henry+Kiefer&selected_facets=country_exact:United States

Edited by Electricmastro

On 3/24/2020 at 1:10 AM, Black Bat said:

Disbrow-  one of my all time faves.

Dwellers in Darkness1.jpg

JayDrisbows_MonsterInvasion-pr3.jpg

HalloweenHorror1 20.jpg

I worked with Jay in the 1980's.  We published Lance Carrigan Of The Galactic legion in my comic titled Quest Presents.  He was a joy to work with and a remarkable artist.

30 minutes ago, ArkhamCastle said:

I worked with Jay in the 1980's.  We published Lance Carrigan Of The Galactic legion in my comic titled Quest Presents.  He was a joy to work with and a remarkable artist.

Awesome!  Is that the comic that's available online?  If not, is it available in print?

2 hours ago, ArkhamCastle said:

That is amazing.  I loved Lance Carrigan.  It was such a throwback.  I bought copies off the stands and still have them.  

Thanks Guys.  It may be available on line not sure.  I published three issues and loved every minute of it.  I Worked closely with Jay on art and dialogue but it was largely his baby.  We planned to publish more issues but i was convinced by Diamond [distributor] to switch to four color on issue three.  The additional costs just put me in a position to loose money.  We used a special screen process and special paper on our black and white issues which I think worked well.  Upon reflection should have stayed black and white.

If any one wants a copy just PM me and I will see if I can find some.

Steve