• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whitman question - need help

14 posts in this topic

53 minutes ago, pemart1966 said:

What you have here is the 1972 reprint of the 1961 version.  I don't know anything as to its rarity but I have not heard that it has any great value.  I stand to be corrected though.

It's in super low grade shape anyway, but when you're trying to locate an example of a comic and you can't find a single example anywhere, it make you think it's super rare.

30 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

It's in super low grade shape anyway, but when you're trying to locate an example of a comic and you can't find a single example anywhere, it make you think it's super rare.

It could well be, but as we know, rarity does not necessarily mean that it's valuable.

2 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

You mean this comic isn't the solution to my getting laid off of work last week???? :frustrated:

Wrong dogs.  If it were Scooby Doo #1 then possibly yes.  

Who would have thought that a mongrel could be worth more than pure bred Dalmatians?  lol

2 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

There's two copies on ebay now for under $15. 

39 minutes ago, pemart1966 said:

I just counted four but who's counting?  doh!

The Whitman version?  I see the Gold Key version but not the Whitman

Edited by gadzukes

53 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

The Whitman version?  I see the Gold Key version but not the Whitman

One example for you:  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Walt-Disney-Showcase-101-Dalmatians-1961-Whitman-Comic-Book/352990956571?hash=item522fe68c1b:g:Q4QAAOSwhXJeXoQb

Edited by pemart1966