• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

No New Comics
1 1

69 posts in this topic

On 3/23/2020 at 11:14 PM, slym2none said:
On 3/23/2020 at 10:22 PM, lighthouse said:

Anyone who think these lockdowns will last less than 8 weeks is naive.

Anyone who thinks these lockdowns can go on as long as 8 weeks is crazy. It's not sustainable for that long. We, both the private and public we, cannot be propped up for that long  without major damage being done.

I don't think anyone will go much longer than March 31st before things happen. What those things are, we cannot discuss here further. But 8 weeks in lockdown is not going to happen.

:screwy:

I’m with lighthouse on this.  The government just approved a 2 trillion dollar package to deal with the fall out.  That doesn’t sound like they are thinking this will be over quickly That’s 5 weeks of US GDP.

1 minute ago, thunsicker said:

I’m with lighthouse on this.  The government just approved a 2 trillion dollar package to deal with the fall out.  That doesn’t sound like they are thinking this will be over quickly That’s 5 weeks of US GDP.

If people don't get money, there's no way they can all last 8+ weeks. The gov't can't afford to prop us all up for 8+ weeks. We need to get tests and get testing. South Korea's model.

8 weeks and it really will be the Coronapocalypse. And I damn sure won't be prey.

-slym

4 minutes ago, thunsicker said:

The Mayor of Los Angeles told his citizens yesterday that they will be locked down for at least two months (and to prepare for more), and in the interview he indicated he's spoken with 200 mayors around the country about them doing the exact same.

https://www.businessinsider.com/covid-19-la-mayor-eric-garcetti-says-city-is-not-ready-2020-3

My store has been closed for a week so far. I don't expect to reopen until June. And I expect no grace from my landlord. But I'll be fine as long as I stop eating all these snacks.

I thought it was two to three weeks to show symptoms of the coronavirus? Where are they getting two months? I hear a lot of doctors saying we need to do this now as a whole country unless we'll just have to restart all over again if someone travels from a state, city, etc. that didn't do a lock down to another and they have the virus.

It feels like it is getting out of hand since we supposedly have the highest number of cases somehow even though we knew this was coming and saw how it was handled in China.

1 hour ago, GeneticNinja said:

It feels like it is getting out of hand since we supposedly have the highest number of cases somehow even though we knew this was coming and saw how it was handled in China.

Sad to say, but it would appear that America had their blinders on and simply made the huge mistaken assumption that the Coronavirus would never ever make it to these shores.  :ph34r:  doh!

As a result, instead of tracking and tracing the movement of every single traveller returning to the country from the time the virus was first flagged to the WHO and CDC back in January, they basically ignored it until it had already spread far into the community before realizing it was a major problem that was then beyond control.  zzz  :sick:  :fear:

Edited by lou_fine

6 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Sad to say, but it would appear that America had their blinders on and simply made the huge mistaken assumption that the Coronavirus would never ever make it to these shores.  :ph34r:  doh!

As a result, instead of tracking and tracing the movement of every single traveller returning to the country from the time the virus was first flagged to the WHO and CDC back in January, they basically ignored it until it had already spread far into the community before realizing it was a major problem that was then beyond control.  zzz  :sick:  :fear:

I just hope this doesn't become a real life bad horror movie. There was one in the woods. So many horror movies are in the woods. But so called friends got a virus and they all started turning on each other. I can't remember the name of the movie it was so bad. I just remember a pretty actress in a bath scene. She was washing or shaving her legs and her skin came off!

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

I read the east coast cases may have started with someone coming back from Iran. People coming back from Italy as well. 

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

Worse, the CDC actually told a northwest doctor running a flu study who suspected it NOT to test for it. She ignored them and helped identify the Washington cluster.