• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I don’t give two *%&$ that the end is near...
1 1

62 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

I don’t think the end is near. If wacko doomsday preppers are not freaking out I don’t think we should. However extreme measures must happen in order to save tens of thousands. 

Prophets have been predicting that "the end is near" since at least back as far as the days of the Sumerian civilization, and probably further. The end isn't even around the bend yet, let alone near. 

27 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

I don’t think the end is near. If wacko doomsday preppers are not freaking out I don’t think we should. However extreme measures must happen in order to save tens of thousands. 

We've just gone into enforced lockdown here in the UK.  Totally agree with it.  

Edited by Ken Aldred

Just now, Ken Aldred said:

We've just gone into enforced lockdown here in the UK.  Totally agree with it.  

I've been in touch with some friends on the front lines there privately and am concerned for all youse all.

I know you are,will,but keep safe Paul :foryou:

1 minute ago, Ken Aldred said:

Being autistic I have a natural tendency, or ability, to handle protracted social withdrawal, and so it's going to be relatively easy for me to cope with the enforced lockdown.  Not the least bit worrying in that respect. 

I kind of thought so.Running joke in my circle of friends is 'Jimmers' life hasn't changed lol I was just starting to feel human,a bit more willing to interact,stronger mentally and physically and boom!Back in you go you!

We've also joked(Arden and I) that soon things will be locked down all over and folk will be fighting to rescue dogs to have a reason to be out and around a bit.Fingers crossed many creatures find permanent or even temporary loving homes with this.

1 hour ago, Aweandlorder said:

I’m never gonna stop buying books 

I’m never selling my personal collection

I’m never gonna stop slabbing 

If Im gonna go broke or die at least let me be happy 

Totally agree with most of your tenets, but would you give three *%&$ ???

42 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

The end isn't even around the bend yet, let alone near. 

We're closer than we've ever been...getting closer every second. 

This video should cheer everyone up! It's one of the most sobering things I've ever seen. 

28 minutes ago, maidenmate91 said:

A lot of people are not. That's nice but loss of income tends to make like a bit difficult, as you can no longer pay for those amenities. I'm a bread route delivery sales representative, unfortunately I'm in the group that still gets to go to work and play Russian roulette day to day now. If I stop going to work, that food isn't getting delivered. :tonofbricks:

I've a lot of friends working in grocery and I'm concerned for them all.Should be compensated for the risk,all of you.If it's deemed essential,then the pay should be raised.

Loblaws here in Ontario,not sure of the rest of Canada is giving employees an additional 15%.

31 minutes ago, maidenmate91 said:

A lot of people are not. That's nice but loss of income tends to make like a bit difficult, as you can no longer pay for those amenities. I'm a bread route delivery sales representative, unfortunately I'm in the group that still gets to go to work and play Russian roulette day to day now. If I stop going to work, that food isn't getting delivered. :tonofbricks:

Thank you for your service :foryou: