• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MORE TOYS + LEGOS ! FREE! To anyone home with kids, OR if you are unemployed (and would like some of the books) Toys are for children only, any children, 1st responders especially welcome. Coloring Books, Crafts, Dinosaurs, etc. PM or Post.
4 4

282 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

Crayola 24ct Watercolor Colored Pencils

Better than plain colored pencils because you can paint with them, they will work on computer paper if that is all you have around and you can use a que-tip to wet the picture and "paint" if you don't have a brush.

71Hchh3v9CL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Art supplies are always such a great way to keep kids and adults occupied. They’ve always had a special place in my heart when things were rough. I hope they can help someone else make it through too

Just now, skypinkblu said:

Yes, and unfortunately this sounds like it's going to be longer than many of us had hoped.

Sadly, I agree Sharon. If I can help out in any way, lmk. my monsters are both under 10, but i would prefer to help others first . I'm here! 

57 minutes ago, jbpez said:

Sadly, I agree Sharon. If I can help out in any way, lmk. my monsters are both under 10, but i would prefer to help others first . I'm here! 

Oddly, not a whole lot of takers here.(shrug). If you have young kids, having them get a special package in the mail might make their day. And maybe keep them out of your hair for a while. Please take something for them. I’ve got a couple small lots of kid friendly comics that I’d love to send them. All I ask is that you do it today or tomorrow because Tuesday will be my last trip to the post office for a while. 

1 hour ago, jbpez said:

I think that it might be fun for kids to take something and then pick something to give someone else.

A book they have read, or to pick out something they can afford to donate.

In any case, several people here or not on here have been taking something and then paying it forward secretly. 

It's a nice thing to teach a monster child;) but more than that, it might keep them out of  your hair for an extra 10 minutes, which was the entire point of this thread;) 

I'm doing it for something to do that is helpful, maybe your kids would like to take something and then think about something they can share  later on...and it does not have to be shared here, it can be for a neighbor, a charity, anything.

and many thanks to all my secret helpers;) 

10 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

Melissa & Doug Decorate Your Own Dinosaur Figurines (All-Inclusive Art Set, Ready to Decorate, 6 Pots of Paint and Paintbrushes, Great Gift for Girls and Boys - Best for 8, 9, 10 Year Olds and Up)

Who doesn't like dinosaurs? 

71Uv51493YL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

my son will love this. thank you once again!!

I will thank the anonymous donors for you, although they might see this:) 

Just PM me the kids names and addresses and I'll go to Amazon and send them

For anyone else, those two items should still be available, I don't think they will run out that quickly, so someone else can pick the same things.

Even if you have taken something in the thread that I posted, feel free to take one or more things I'm listing now.  It's nice for kids to get mail, and this is going to be  much longer than we expected. I've gotten more donations, so I have enough for at least 10 more gifts as of now. I'm hoping we can at least send some things for the next month.

Some of these items I picked out really  go together, like Paper and Glue, or the Sticks and glue, or paint supplies. I listed them separately in case someone has part of what you need already.

I'm going to list a few more suggestions this morning. If anyone has some better ideas, feel free to join in with them.

Juvale 10-Pack Plastic Lacing String Cord for DIY Craft Jewelry, 10 Colors, 2.5 x 1mm, 50 Yards Length

Lanyards are something that you can do for days, they get addictive. The set does not come with the hooks or accessories, but I will find a set of those and list it separately. There are lots of ou tube videos that will show the kids (or you) how to do the braids.

These are great for older kids, figure 9  and up, adults like them too.

91qajpw8s%2BL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Edited by skypinkblu

Aquabeads 30148 Star Wars BB-8 and Chewbacca Set

I've never used Aquabeads, but the reviews seem to be good and a lot of the sets are sold out.  This set will not ship until April 10th. I've been avoiding things that are not available right away, but as I said, it's going to be a long while.

71GmcXeKAnL._AC_SL1209_.jpg