• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MORE TOYS + LEGOS ! FREE! To anyone home with kids, OR if you are unemployed (and would like some of the books) Toys are for children only, any children, 1st responders especially welcome. Coloring Books, Crafts, Dinosaurs, etc. PM or Post.
4 4

282 posts in this topic

Close to 30 years ago, we bought a house in a neighborhood with a bunch of young kids (we were mid-20s and childless at the time). Some of the kids discovered I collected comics, and I ended up putting a box of extras by the front door which were available for trade, 1-for-1 regardless. Worked out pretty well, only problem I ran into was the one time a kid brought back a book and said, "My mom won't let me have this". It was Marvel's Son Of Satan.

Not anything as nice as Sharon has been posting, but anyway, I still have some of those, which I'm making available in this thread. I'll try to get photos together to post if anyone would be interested, but here's a list of what I've found so far:

Kobra #2-7 (DC,1976)

Transformers #60 (Marvel,1989)

Xenon #14, 17 (Eclipse/Viz Comics, 1988)

Marvel Spectacular (Thor reprint) #4

Marvel Super-Heroes #66 (Hulk  #112 reprint)

GI Joe #61 (Marvel, 1987)

Secrets of Haunted House #29 (DC, 1980)

Marvel's Greatest Comics #45, 50, 51 (Fantastic Four reprints)

Iron Fist #1 of 3 (1998).

Keep in mind these are pretty beat up, definite reader copies for the most part. I've also been going thru my collection trying to organize stuff, and I have a number of coverless books that I have replaced with others, DC superhero from the 60s and 70s; doubt there would be any interest but thought I'd mention just in case. You can PM me about any of this if you are interested.

58 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

Chronicles of Conan

I actually have no idea what this one is about. I've tried to get through Conan stories a few times, but can't seem to do it. He calls himself Conan the  Cimmerian here, if that helps.

20200324_161920.thumb.jpg.f4e9ba0d5fa6c2afc36beb36ac01acf7.jpg

Great gift idea, Sharon.

”Tower of  the Elephant” was Conan 4, and since this is RoyThomas/Barry Smith, it may have episodes from issue 1 to 23 or so.

Edited by comicparadox
Punctuation.

:news:LOT IN TOP PIC IS CLAIMED! I'll make two 8-book lots available; choose one via PM or in the thread. I'll ship priority within U.S. These few kiddie funnies were part of a recent collection I picked up, plus I had a couple IDW Popeyes laying around.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix

Both sets of Super hero coloring books taken by PM, I have to go back and look in the closet again, here I was looking for graphic novels;)

Anyone stuck at home with kids (laid off or not) is welcome to take anything I've listed as of now. 

If you are an adult who is on a temp or FT layoff and shut in, feel free to take a graphic novel, NOT a coloring book, those are for the kids;) 

Duck Tales comics and the rest of the coloring books are taken by PM. 

I'm going to look and see if I have more coloring books, who knew;)? 

There are more things available and I should have a few more in the morning. Meanwhile, feel free to go through closets and find more kids stuff and join in.

Thanks so much to those who have joined, and to the very kind person who pmed me and offered to pay postage.

This board is fantastic! 

Just a bump for this thread. Please help out Sharon with this. She so kindly sent my two young granddaughters a package. They are confined and don’t understand why. They will be so thrilled to “get mail”. It really means so much especially kids. 

If you can help out especially for kids, I urge you to take a few minutes. Just last week, I took two large boxes of comics to a children’s hospital. Anything to keep them busy.

Please self isolate as much as possible and stay well gang!

I have a shortbox of Archie-themed comics that were sent to my kids by a boardie years ago that I'd now like to pass along. Please PM me if you're interested...for now I'll limit it to 20 books per individual, and shipping is on me (in the US).

387288189_FreeBooks.thumb.jpg.7f867b9b916afb6caa18c7c92c3fccc0.jpg

Edited by drbanner

First up, a Hess Rescue truck. Little girls love these, boys, too.  I sent one to a boy, so a girl would be my next choice but either are fine.

This is from 1994, so you probably don't have it. It's NIB. Taken

Spoiler

1257948142_2020-03-2615_07_15.thumb.jpg.04e67da963a8480790f9e9a13e8987b9.jpg

Edited by skypinkblu

Spoiler

This is a drawing set good for multiple small hands. There are two blank "sketch" books some washable markers, some crayons and the regular markers...well those come off with a magic eraser but I'd keep them from anyone under 5. Ninja Turtle stickers are comic related.  Taken

Spoiler

20200326_150409.thumb.jpg.d74dd000bfe358107971c867853da91b.jpg

Edited by skypinkblu

The last of the coloring books, Winnie the Pooh, with a book of robot stickers, a How to Train your Dragon book and some small child friendly crayons. These are easy for little ones to hold, and they are from Melissa and Doug, probably the best small toy manufacturers out there.. Also a Train your dragon activity set.1821828185_2020-03-2615_03_00.thumb.jpg.3a00eafdb3c3f496e613ccf3a04a9447.jpg