• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Godzilla # 3 question

18 posts in this topic

I have 4 copies of Godzilla ( Marvel ) # 3  and noticed today that one has a triangle around the price and a blank block where the other has a normal looking block has price, date with Godzilla above it and upc code is on the others. Is one considered more valuable or whats up with that one? I know there is a 35 cent variant, but all 4 are exactly the same except for mentioned differences. Any one know anything? Like I know some of y'all do, lol. I going a little cabin fever crazy from this self quarantine.

@Xenosmilus Godzilla question

1 hour ago, ghost of the wild said:

I have 4 copies of Godzilla ( Marvel ) # 3  and noticed today that one has a triangle around the price and a blank block where the other has a normal looking block has price, date with Godzilla above it and upc code is on the others. Is one considered more valuable or whats up with that one? I know there is a 35 cent variant, but all 4 are exactly the same except for mentioned differences. Any one know anything? Like I know some of y'all do, lol. I going a little cabin fever crazy from this self quarantine.

1 hour ago, ghost of the wild said:

They are Whitman variants. Some people may collect them but for the most part I don’t believe they add any value. Sorry!

1 minute ago, Xenosmilus said:

They are Whitman variants. Some people may collect them but for the most part I don’t believe they add any value. Sorry!

I kinda thought that, seems to me the Whitman s would carry less value since I think they were sold in General stores in like multi packs of 3 comics, If i'm remembering correctly. I just found some Battle star Galacticas  that are the same way, 1 - 3.

21 hours ago, Xenosmilus said:
23 hours ago, ghost of the wild said:

Actually they're not . . . :whistle: And they are collectable for anyone who cares for any kind of variation whatsoever. :)

Edited by divad

On 3/24/2020 at 6:31 PM, ghost of the wild said:

I kinda thought that, seems to me the Whitman s would carry less value since I think they were sold in General stores in like multi packs of 3 comics, If i'm remembering correctly. I just found some Battle star Galacticas  that are the same way, 1 - 3.

The BG issues are very common, probably hard to get any premium there.  The Godzilla #3 is not nearly as common.

On 3/25/2020 at 11:32 PM, Warlord said:

The BG issues are very common, probably hard to get any premium there.  The Godzilla #3 is not nearly as common.

Thank you Warlord

14 minutes ago, FlyingDonut said:

Looks like this?
image.png

That's a rebagged version that was available as part of a Whitman 3-pack.

Yes sir, exactly

On 3/25/2020 at 11:32 PM, Warlord said:

Thank you Warlord, wonder if there are any type of print run numbers out there anywhere on these type of variants verses the common prints.?? 

Just now, ghost of the wild said:

Thank you Warlord, wonder if there are any type of print run numbers out there anywhere on these type of variants verses the common prints.?? 

Nothing that I've ever seen is going to help you with specific print runs of the 1970s variants.   But there's a wealth of print run info at https://www.comichron.com/

Check it out!

Thanks Peoples! :shy: 

I would have left believing the only edition I'd be after in the wild was a 35 cent variant, now there is something to keep in mind, hopefully it doesn't push anything else out of the noggin (: 

20 hours ago, ghost of the wild said:
On 3/25/2020 at 9:30 PM, divad said:

Triangle? :whistle:

Lord I hope I did the correct punctuation marks at least.

I'm just confused as to why you called this a triangle . . . :bigsmile: Are you geometrically-challenged? lol