• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Closed
11 11

336 posts in this topic

Howdy Rick

I did the same thing just to keep busy. Didn’t think it would do much but under the circumstances, I’ve done OK. Seems like I’ve got a lot of time on my hands, a lot of stuff laying around and need the diversion. I plan to do a few more in the next month or so just to keep happy. 

I cannot urge you all to “shelter in place”. STAY HOME. I don’t care how much you want out, it hurts for all of us. You younger guys might think you are invincible. Maybe you are but is it worth passing on to someone else? This is the only way to beat this. And it won’t be a couple weeks, it will be a few months. Get used to it, get creative and stay well!

42 minutes ago, Comcav said:

Hey buddy.  Nice to see you up here with a thread lightening the mood.  Sadly I am not doing a lot of buying at the moment, but wanted to wave hi to friends.

:whatthe:   :whatthe:   :whatthe:

Now maybe you can actually open some of those packages and read some!

Stay safe buddy!

Just now, Robot Man said:

:whatthe:   :whatthe:   :whatthe:

Now maybe you can actually open some of those packages and read some!

Stay safe buddy!

Oh yeah... you mean enjoy what I already have instead of relentless buying?   Huh.  the shark stops swimming and instead reads at home.  worth a shot!  :)

take care my friend.

1 minute ago, Comcav said:

Oh yeah... you mean enjoy what I already have instead of relentless buying?   Huh.  the shark stops swimming and instead reads at home.  worth a shot!  :)

take care my friend.

I'd be careful...I heard if sharks stop swimming it can be bad news for them...maybe just try treading water while reading?  Stay safe buddy!

3 minutes ago, Comical Situations said:

Second that....I was vying for a few books in the HA magazine auction yesterday and I couldn't beat the other buyers off.....um....I mean drive the other buyers away....with a stick.  Even healthier results for key items than I've seen for comics lately.  Paid through the nose for what I did pick up.  Long term this is a hiccup that in time will fade into distant memory and hopefully some lessons learned at all levels.  Breathe deep and whoosah...this too shall pass.

source.gif.1f6a951b4d2312496c78f42b9408f8bd.gif

Edited by mustang33guy

27 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

I have to say, after watching the Heritage Auction on Sunday, I am pretty impressed with the stability of the comic market at this time. I mean, sure, there have been some dips and a few big books have taken a hit, but overall I have seen most books within 10-15% of GPA and many have sold above. I have had people reaching out even this last week wanting me to look for books for them. This hobby will survive and thrive and is taking less of a beating overall then most traditional investments at this time. Not to mention, and this is key, comics are FUN and you have a sense of community. I don't get either of those things watching the ticker tape.

A very small snapshot, but I'm tracking some CLink books here.

30 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Some new arrivals

Some will end up in this thread and some will end up in my personal stash. 

EDDA0B92-3997-43FC-A27B-6B63844084F6.jpeg

That Rick is such a tease,
With a boxful of CGC’s,
But he always aims to please,

So... oh forget it, just get a move on buddy and show us the friggin’ goods!

5 minutes ago, Comcav said:

Maybe write a book :

TWO WEEKS WITHOUT A "TAKE"

a story of withdrawal from a Golden Age addict

Like you, I am on a buying hiatus a bit myself. Have been wanting to sell off more than I buy for some time. I need to clean house and consolidate anyway. 

A little harder for me because as you guys know, I collect everything. No estate sales, flea markets, antique stores ect has really hurt. Commerce has come to an abrupt stop. I also really miss my junk show buddies. It is just such a big part of me. I have to stay home and away. Suks, but necessary.

I am buying a few things here and there. I bought a couple of pulps just yesterday. Just stopped impulse buying and spending large amounts of dough for now. I’m OK, taking the time to reflect and enjoy what I already have. I am a very blessed collector!