• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cover trimmed on the bottom of comic book

19 posts in this topic

The answer is ‘no’

but just a bit more unsolicited advice:  before wondering if the ‘trim’ makes a comic not worth grading, one should probably consider if the comic would be worth grading independent (Based in issue and grade) of the “trim”, because the “trim” impact might be moot if it wasn’t worth grading to begin with.

because this is the question you asked:

“I just found this piece of pizza on the ground of the subway in NYC, and there’s a hair on it.  Would the hair keep you from eating it? Or should I just take it off or eat around it?“

10 hours ago, Zeke11 said:

Need help is this common I seen others but not this much trimmed off page. Is it worth being graded. Starwars marvel 35 cents 

20200319_132323.jpg

Can we see the whole book please? If there was an area of white at the top commensurate with the book being miscut top and bottom, and it had fifteen covers and the printed price was missing then it might be worth grading. Always show the whole book Zeke - it's the only way to live life :)

46 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Can we see the whole book please? If there was an area of white at the top commensurate with the book being miscut top and bottom, and it had fifteen covers and the printed price was missing then it might be worth grading. Always show the whole book Zeke - it's the only way to live life :)

Indeed. It might be a pence variant. 

take the time to learn comic grading.

Look your Star Wars 17 up to see if it sells for value. Ebay sold auctions is a good place to check if you do not have an Overstreet.

Then with the ability to grade comics, and the ability to look up the value of books you can determine yourself the best course of action.

Here is a listing on Ebay that completed of the book in "not perfect" condition:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/STAR-WARS-Issue-17-Nov-1978-Marvel-Comics-f-HERB-TRIMPE-art/153870109225?hash=item23d35f8a29:g:S5MAAOSw~HBecviK

So, is it worth grading a book worth $4.00?

Edited by Artboy99