• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Sketch Art

4 posts in this topic

So it seems as though Comic Sketch Art is having some pretty cool signing events (it is on their Facebook page). I have worked with them at conventions before and they are okay to deal with (well some of the people are) but not much online. I emailed them a a few days ago a pretty simple question and they haven't gotten back to me. A few days isn't long but this is the second questions that was ignored as I asked them something else months ago. Why do organization announce events and then don't seem prepared to answer emails? I have a job where, in the middle of a busy time, I get hundreds of emails a day and it sucks but it is doable. Sadly in the past I have had Candence Art not respond, Artist's Choice nor Coollines Artwork.

Is this normal in the industry? It just seems as though comics are big money but not run by business people.

I have dealt with Comic Sketch Art once and I will NEVER deal with them again. Them and Desert Winds are the only ones that I have had such a terrible experience (both first time dealing with them) that I will never use them again. I don't think this is normal, I have had some great dealings with other facilitators. 

Sorry to hear @ignimbrite, I am hosting several sketch opps/signings right now. Feel free to message me here or on my facebook page if you would like to participate in them. 

-Dan 

One Stop Comic Shop 

www.facebook.com/onestopcomicshopdotcom

www.onestopcomicshop.com

Considering the current circumstances here in the States, I wouldn't be surprised if they're working with limited staff. I can only speak for my experiences, but I've yet to experience anything bad, that said, I'm much more patient than most.