• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Should I submit through LCS

71 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

I submitted books over a year ago through my LCS and haven't got them back yet, due to absolutely no fault of CGC

What is your opinion?

pretty sure the first thread about a "toronto lcs" was over a year ago, and their TAT was deemed atrocious ...... I believe that I tried to give a heads up way back then.....

Right now during the "virus", membership to cgc is free, so give it a shot, see the difference and black list that LCS...... :foryou: 

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

pretty sure the first thread about a "toronto lcs" was over a year ago, and their TAT was deemed atrocious ...... I believe that I tried to give a heads up way back then.....

Right now during the "virus", membership to cgc is free, so give it a shot, see the difference and black list that LCS...... :foryou: 

:roflmao:

Some of us have to learn for ourselves

Sadly...

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I would definitely recommend trying out subbing directly to CGC, with them having the shipping kits now as well, it is a no brainer.

Also yeah the free submissions thanks to the 'rona is a plus.

1 minute ago, Hollywood1892 said:

:roflmao:

Some of us have to learn for ourselves

Sadly...

ya I'm not giving you a hard time, you were new then, I remember at first it all seemed like what do I do ??? to me too :) I understood then, it's a day by day learning curve.

Hopefully you'll remember that when another person like us takes the hard way, be understanding, cause it all seems intimidating at first fo sho!

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

ya I'm not giving you a hard time, you were new then, I remember at first it all seemed like what do I do ??? to me too :) I understood then, it's a day by day learning curve.

Hopefully you'll remember that when another person like us takes the hard way, be understanding, cause it all seems intimidating at first fo sho!

Only one giving HARD times is Lizard

You ain't heard?

But I had just started collecting around those times so I was wet behind the ears

I've only subbed directly to CGC because it's the easiest way.  It takes a few minutes to configure an order and checkout.  I've heard too many negatives going through an LCS so I just never took that route.  Every time I walk someone through the process they're always glad to have switched to direct submission.  You know the tracking to and from, you know the status of the book at all times throughout the grading lifecycle and if you need information you call CGC directly.  Lots of reasons to submit directly.

Just now, comicquant said:

I've only subbed directly to CGC because it's the easiest way.  It takes a few minutes to configure an order and checkout.  I've heard too many negatives going through an LCS so I just never took that route.  Every time I walk someone through the process they're always glad to have switched to direct submission.  You know the tracking to and from, you know the status of the book at all times throughout the grading lifecycle and if you need information you call CGC directly.  Lots of reasons to submit directly.

I haven't bought a raw book in about 9 months, but I am definitely doing it through direct submission.

I'm so frustrated.

Just now, Hollywood1892 said:

I haven't bought a raw book in about 9 months, but I am definitely doing it through direct submission.

I'm so frustrated.

The best you can do is the best you can do. You didn't know then, but you know now and can speak up next time for someone else....

I subbed through the LCS for 3 years thinking there wasn't much difference but have changed my view. LCS I used was good about TAT and staying up to date, but I'd get 9.6 on books that I now get 9.8. I don't fault them could be innocent in the .2 difference, but we all need a nudge now and again.

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

The best you can do is the best you can do. You didn't know then, but you know now and can speak up next time for someone else....

I subbed through the LCS for 3 years thinking there wasn't much difference but have changed my view. LCS I used was good about TAT and staying up to date, but I'd get 9.6 on books that I now get 9.8. I don't fault them could be innocent in the .2 difference, but we all need a nudge now and again.

source.gif

3 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

As I have said numerous times .2 is the difference in hundreds of dollars.

If I took a hundred dollars out of your pocket everytime I saw you, would that be okay because I was a nice guy?

Now I'm wondering about my New Mutants 98 and its 9.4 grade...thanks

6 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

As I have said numerous times .2 is the difference in hundreds of dollars.

If I took a hundred dollars out of your pocket everytime I saw you, would that be okay because I was a nice guy?

Now I'm wondering about my New Mutants 98 and its 9.4 grade...thanks

Keep a stiff upper lip, you're no longer trapped under the LCS thumb, so you'll move on. It only goes up from here...

I just tried to get out and mow the yard and hit something and bent the blade. Had plumbing issues day before yesterday and they cleaned the drain that had roots, so on toilet is usable the other toilet someone flushed a toilet paper roll holder. Yesterday the home phone was on the blitz and today phone carrier came out and replaced a cord....

Now just got to change a mower blade and mow the grass before it rains...

This too shall pass @Hollywood1892

Hang in there...

6 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Keep a stiff upper lip, you're no longer trapped under the LCS thumb, so you'll move on. It only goes up from here...

I just tried to get out and mow the yard and hit something and bent the blade. Had plumbing issues day before yesterday and they cleaned the drain that had roots, so on toilet is usable the other toilet someone flushed a toilet paper roll holder. Yesterday the home phone was on the blitz and today phone carrier came out and replaced a cord....

Now just got to change a mower blade and mow the grass before it rains...

This too shall pass @Hollywood1892

Hang in there...

As does everything 

Thank you Addy!