• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Should I submit through LCS

71 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

I will not...but what I can say is they weren't pleased!

Exactly! Why wouldn't they be?

You submitted your books through your local LCS "Perdition Comics" rather "Paradise Comics" (I've only wrote the real name because it should be made available to all) and have waited an entire year and have still not gotten them back. I imagine you have had numerous 'professional' interaction with this place of business and they have probably given you the runaround like "We will get back to you" "Send us an email with a listing of your books" "Your books should be here shortly, we are expecting a shipment from CGC soon" a bunch of fraudulent nonsense in my opinion and yet you have still remained in a state of skewed loyalty to I don't know what, your city, your LCS or most likely a code you have chosen to live by that has done nothing but drag you down and make your life unbearably miserable.

3 minutes ago, BaronSamedi said:

Exactly! Why wouldn't they be?

You submitted your books through your local LCS "Perdition Comics" rather "Paradise Comics" (I've only wrote the real name because it should be made available to all) and have waited an entire year and have still not gotten them back. I imagine you have had numerous 'professional' interaction with this place of business and they have probably given you the runaround like "We will get back to you" "Send us an email with a listing of your books" "Your books should be here shortly, we are expecting a shipment from CGC soon" a bunch of fraudulent nonsense in my opinion and yet you have still remained in a state of skewed loyalty to I don't know what, your city, your LCS or most likely a code you have chosen to live by that has done nothing but drag you down and make your life unbearably miserable.

What?

21 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

What?

It's far worse then Stockholm Syndrome, as someone previously addressed. Stockholm syndrome is nothing more than the body's shock flooding the mind into a state of submission in very quick succession of one another, your position is one that has been nurtured over many years of systematic catering. GET OVER IT!

These people "Perdition Comics" Are downright weasels who I imagine aren't even welcome to set up a booth in their own city at a show, let alone run a reputable LCS. The problem is that LCS's are a dying breed once the introduction to social media and online shopping was born. I can only recollect one thing that comes to mind, that scene from GoT where Cersei Lanister was paraded around the city as the deplorable Tyrant that she was. 

Edited by BaronSamedi

9 minutes ago, BaronSamedi said:

who I imagine aren't even welcome to set up a booth in their own city at a show, let alone run a reputable LCS.

I don't see them much at TCBS (maybe it's out of stubbornness, I'm not sure) but from the feedback or criticism on the boards and my conversations with local collectors at the 'show's' they aren't very well respected. I submitted the books a year ago I have not submitted since. I'm not particularly intelligent, but what I am is hopeful, and in times like this I am hopeful for the fate of humanity and that the best of ourselves will shine through. I am hopeful for Paradise comics that they relinquish their island of hubris and join the herd in making the collecting community a awesome place to be apart of, because to be honest when things like this happen it makes me want to stop collecting altogether:( and I hope you acquiesce your anger to the better angels of your nature Baron, take it from me, it can be all too consuming:tink:

Edited by Hollywood1892

@Hollywood1892 you're the victim no matter the spin, you got the word out that's all that matters....

Take the win and move on I guess...

If you get your books back let me know :)

1 hour ago, LogOut said:

Ah, I had heard you snuck back in Mr. McKnowitall. Isn't your ID technically a shill? (shrug)

I don’t know... It cannot be him... 

McKnowitall was some pent up frustrated blowhard that could not get by on anyone let alone himself.  He was a weaseling shill of a human being.  Why would he come back ?

Edited by Buzzetta

2 hours ago, LogOut said:

Ah, I had heard you snuck back in Mr. McKnowitall. Isn't your ID technically a shill? (shrug)

I hate shills!

2 minutes ago, LogOut said:

Yeah, you'd never want to give a shill your mailing address and swap OA for comic books (tsk)

-depends on the books.  If they're GA......maybe-

Edited by kav