• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pandemic art?

21 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, Rick2you2 said:

In keeping with the times, anyone have some OA to show involving pandemics, major group infections or other group sicknesses? Extra credit if they bear any relation to this reality.

No, only this page....wish all it took was Freeze tech or Batman on his supercomputer and a microscope to find a cure.  

GEQqSS6d_1705182016281gpadd.thumb.jpg.3112a2799ba1d5017ceeebf73627624a.jpg

Edited by Stefanomjr

So, first the virus spreads quickly without anyone realizing it because nobody takes it seriously. Then, if it doesn't get contained before hospitals are overwhelmed, they'll eventually be throwing bodies into dump trucks and off the pier because even crematoriums will be overwhelmed! Do I get the extra credit, Rick?

TheStand.thumb.jpg.b99f89d5735ab8ed692ab0cc49121fde.jpg

Edited by Rubén DaCollector
Forgot to add something.

3 hours ago, Rubén DaCollector said:

So, first the virus spreads quickly without anyone realizing it because nobody takes it seriously. Then, if it doesn't get contained before hospitals are overwhelmed, they'll eventually be throwing bodies into dump trucks and off the pier because even crematoriums will be overwhelmed! Do I get the extra credit, Rick?

TheStand.jpg

Nice piece. I like the way the artist used what are presumably virus packets to tie various panels together and show the spreading illness. For that, extra credit. But, the author gets a demerit for the way he dumped extra bodies. That would likely spread the illness. He should have picked something like mass graves (unless that was a deliberate plot device). What is it from?

It's from Stephen King's The Stand, the Marvel adaptation. I actually have the scans sized to 1250 pixels tall, but for some unknown (at least to me) reason, this website seems to be keeping them really small, even after you click on the image. If you know how I can get the scan to show at its actual size, please let me know!

Edited by Rubén DaCollector

4 minutes ago, Rubén DaCollector said:

It's from Stephen King's The Stand, the Marvel adaptation. I actually have the scans sized to 1250 pixels tall, but for some unknown (at least to me) reason, this website seems to be keeping them really small, even after you click on the image. If you know how I can get the scan to show at its actual size, please let me know!

This may not be the answer, but try reducing the quality of the image to a lower pixel count. My guess is that what you want to post exceeds the allowable size. 

I'm okay with a small image, however, since I can always magnify it.