• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Raw BA books you irrationally buy whenever you see them, no matter the grade nor how many copies you already have...

48 posts in this topic

45 minutes ago, kilowatt said:

I currently have 11 Spidey 129`s. All in different grades. Reader copies to near mint. I missed out on this 1 as a kid, it was always beyond my price range, and now when I see one at a show or LCS I grab it. Maybe because now I can afford it.

s-l1600.jpg

:applause:

1 hour ago, kilowatt said:

I currently have 11 Spidey 129`s. All in different grades. Reader copies to near mint. I missed out on this 1 as a kid, it was always beyond my price range, and now when I see one at a show or LCS I grab it. Maybe because now I can afford it.

s-l1600.jpg

That is a nice problem to have.   Congrats (and I am not being snarky).  I picked up my first ever copy in January, probably a 4.5, which I think will press up to a 5.0

11 minutes ago, FlyingDonut said:

I probably have a long box full. Also have a 9.8 and 9.6. They won't do a signature series for the author of the first letter in the letters page, which vexes me. :roflmao:image.png

Who’s the author?:popcorn:

13 hours ago, jools&jim said:

PS: extra credit will be given for telling us why you simply can't resist these treasures...

I get the Detective #395.  What's the story on the Action Comics?  hm

30 minutes ago, Zonker said:

I get the Detective #395.  What's the story on the Action Comics?  hm

Mostly sentimental.  I bought my first copy for a dime at a small basement thrift store back in the mid 1970s (it's not the copy pictured above, but I do still have it). 

At the time, it was one of the oldest back issues in my collection!  First "Swanderson" art on Supes, too, which makes it roughly similar to the 'Tec 395 in that it introduced a (slightly) new, sleeker look for a franchise-level character, and debuted an era-defining art team as well...

Worlds Unknown #6 It's KILLDOZER d'uh! lol 

wu6.jpg

And these two.The Dr Graves cover was reused in Scary Tales#42 so I grab it too.

Spoiler

st42.jpg

5a9c94e2e19b9_.jpg.75d553348c7b09e26932c43f6ee59c7c.jpgAmd this 841469.jpg

These were both in the first stack of comics my Grandfather ever let me pick out at a yard sale.There's a few others I still have and remember,Grimms,Karloff,Haunted..pretty much any painted cover Gold Key or Charlton spooky book I can't resist if a couple of bucks :cloud9: