• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Top 50 Comics in My Collection!
2 2

38 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, oakman29 said:

Very nice collection. 😎

I would be embarrassed to show off mine especially after seeing yours.😉

Eh, it's never a competition! It's just fun to see what your favorites are. Gives a little look into you as a collector - they're some of my favorite videos to watch.

Great video, some awesome modern variants I never seen before. I am at the rebuild stage of collecting. I sold off my collection about 10-15 years ago and have just started collecting again. I haven’t read and of the Spider Gwen or X23 stuff however I love old and new books so it should be fun to try some new characters. Thanks for posting it 👍

Edited by kidcolt

5 hours ago, Drahcirh said:

Eh, it's never a competition! It's just fun to see what your favorites are. Gives a little look into you as a collector - they're some of my favorite videos to watch.

I couldnt decide which ones are my favorites. 🤔

Would it be my AF15? Showcase 4? TMNT 1? Or my Vampirella 1 it's just so hard.😉

I have a YouTube account. Maybe I will do my first ever video :) . Actually I have some videos of when I posted my comic wall of the week. But maybe I’ll tackle something like this...

Give me a few days though to get my top fifty organized though haha

Edited by comicginger1789

10 hours ago, Drahcirh said:

The Top 50 Tag is making its way around the Youtube community again and I thought I'd share my video here.

Something to do with all the extra time I'm sure a lot of us have with our collections right now.

That is an awesome collection.

Would you say your direction is buying raws and submitting them, or a mixture of both?(buying slabs and raws)

Maybe I’ll do a top 50 comics based on like keys or whatever since that seems to be what people are posting. Their best or most valuable stuff in terms of key issues or appearances or covers. Then I’ll do a second top 50 of books I like and think are unique and really make my collection mine. 

I 100% encourage you all to film a 50 and jump into the fun. Just a nice way to kill the time while on lockdown lol. 

Also, I generally prefer to buy raw, but a lot of my collection is opportunity based rather than hunting a specific book. Deals are more common in buying raw, but I've picked up a few already slabbed.

My first ever Top 50 video (2016 ish?) Was much more of a personal top 50 than a value based one. They definitely show up in all sorts and styles, someone did a top 50 of books picked up this year only. It's just fun to see what people choose.

11 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

I wouldn't know where to begin.🤔

do a top 50 this month, then next month or so, and so on...

@Drahcirh I could never figure out how to make a video in an acceptable format to upload to the boards acceptable format, is that just me, or is there a trick? I'm way out of my element! lol 

56 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

do a top 50 this month, then next month or so, and so on...

@Drahcirh I could never figure out how to make a video in an acceptable format to upload to the boards acceptable format, is that just me, or is there a trick? I'm way out of my element! lol 

I'm the same way. I barely know how to post a picture on the boards let alone make a video on YouTube. 

Just now, oakman29 said:

I'm the same way. I barely know how to post a picture on the boards let alone make a video on YouTube. 

I tried lol

Found the camera on laptop, found video, made a 5 sec thing of me googly eyed tried to post it via pm, didn't work, tried looking to change file, share lol

Long story short I gave up...

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I tried lol

Found the camera on laptop, found video, made a 5 sec thing of me googly eyed tried to post it via pm, didn't work, tried looking to change file, share lol

Long story short I gave up...

Yep! Technology is just passing me by.😪

Very cool video.
Beginning at the end of 2018 I set out to limit my personal collection to Top 50.
Sometimes books (when shaken from other collector's collections become available) sneak in and push other books out.
Don't have the capability to record, but I always keep them posted on myslabbedcomics.
Click here if interested...
https://www.myslabbedcomics.com/GalleryDetailSearch.asp?GCat=450&Order=Views

Edited by umyeahwhatevers

1 hour ago, umyeahwhatevers said:

Very cool video.
Beginning at the end of 2018 I set out to limit my personal collection to Top 50.
Sometimes books (when shaken from other collector's collections become available) sneak in and push other books out.
Don't have the capability to record, but I always keep them posted on myslabbedcomics.
Click here if interested...
https://www.myslabbedcomics.com/GalleryDetailSearch.asp?GCat=450&Order=Views

A really nice set of books!