• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Top 50 Comics in My Collection!
2 2

38 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, punksdropdirtysrh said:

I’ve thought about doing a Top 50 video for my channel but I’ve sold so much in past 2 years that I don’t think I have 50 to show. Unless i included Omnibus and such. 

No reason you couldn't show Omnibus, there's no rules to what makes your top 50. 

On 3/29/2020 at 3:13 PM, Crimebuster said:

I was just re-organizing my collection this weekend, and it's been a long time since I documented my books for insurance purposes, so I thought this would be fun to do!

Warning: my video is an hour long because I couldn't help myself and had to give stories about each book and why and how I acquired it, and what it means to me. So it's way longer than it needs to be. I also look like Santa's doofus nephew in this thumbnail, but that's my overall vibe anyway, so we're going to stick with it. 

Great books! Thanks for sharing!

I had so much fun doing this Top 50 video that I thought I'd flip it on it's head and do a video about the dumbest and LEAST key books in my collection. Everyone likes to brag about their copies of Avengers #1 or whatever, but those same people are too embarrassed to admit they are really trying to complete a run of NFL SuperPro. Not me! In this one, I reveal the dark secret of the comic collecting community — that most of what we collect is actually total garbage!

Edited by Crimebuster

1 hour ago, Crimebuster said:

I had so much fun doing this Top 50 video that I thought I'd flip it on it's head and do a video about the dumbest and LEAST key books in my collection. Everyone likes to brag about their copies of Avengers #1 or whatever, but those same people are too embarrassed to admit they are really trying to complete a run of NFL SuperPro. Not me! In this one, I reveal the dark secret of the comic collecting community — that most of what we collect is actually total garbage!

I made it to the Charlton book, the video reminds me that I have the "1st issue Special #2" 1st appearance of the "green team", a used bookstore find lol but I was excited at the time! :headbang: 

36 minutes ago, jason4 said:

My new top 50 books video...actually a little less than 50 but other stuff too. 

Awesome collection! :headbang: Maybe someday you can teach me how to take a video in a "file" that is uploadable to CGC Forums? Cause Not sure I'm doing it right lol my video's don't come auto saved as a jpeg or file name the boards will accept :shy: :( 

Anyway, I got excited by the ones you're going to sent to CGC!! Those were a sweet batch of BOOKS!

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Awesome collection! :headbang: Maybe someday you can teach me how to take a video in a "file" that is uploadable to CGC Forums? Cause Not sure I'm doing it right lol my video's don't come auto saved as a jpeg or file name the boards will accept :shy: :( 

Anyway, I got excited by the ones you're going to sent to CGC!! Those were a sweet batch of BOOKS!

My galaxy s8 seems to do everything for me. I copied the link and it auto changed to a video. 

And yea those are books ove had for a long time. Going to be a lot of $ to send in probably. 

Edited by jason4

1 minute ago, jason4 said:

My galaxy s8 seems to do everything for me. I copied the link and it auto changed to a video. 

And yea those are books ove had for a long time. Going to be a lot of $ to send in probably. 

Cool I've needed to upgrade my phone anyway ha.

When you said "copy the link" do you mean from you're phone? Or do you mean maybe you uploaded to YouTube or something first?

But I appreciate the feedback, if that's the case, when I mentioned needing help before haha everyone must have looked at me crazy lol

3 minutes ago, jason4 said:

Yes upload to YouTube first super easy with this phone and then I just copied the site link for the video and pasted it here. 

Cool thanks! I figured there was a step I was missing :whee: 

4 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I made it to the Charlton book, the video reminds me that I have the "1st issue Special #2" 1st appearance of the "green team", a used bookstore find lol but I was excited at the time! :headbang: 

At the end of my video I talked about some of the bad comics that are too good to make my list, and anything from Joe Simon in the 1970's is on that list. Green Team, Outsiders, Championship Sports, Strange Sports Stories, and especially Prez are just amazingly offbeat, I love them!

On 3/31/2020 at 10:50 PM, Drahcirh said:

Did a second round of 50 books - quarantine has me spending lots of time with the collection.

I really enjoyed watching your second video here, and I learned some stuff, which is great!

I was also inspired to do a second Top 50 video myself. I do love talking about old comics, so I went a little crazy with the length this time, but I hope you all enjoy it: