• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S QUARNUCOPIA IS CLOSED!
3 3

278 posts in this topic

Well,  after a lazy couple weeks,   it's time  to  do something  around the house  besides clean  and drink, lol
Weather  hasn't  broken here in Michigan  yet,  or  we'd be  having  cocktails on the front  porch  and  waving  at  the  neighbors,  but it's  still  wet  and chilly  hereabouts,  so...

Time to list  some funnybooks!

I'll be  listing   the  entire Silver  Age  Doom  Patrol  run  from  MGA 80 right up through the three  reprint issues,  along  with  some  nice  Romita Spidey  readers,   and  the 
complete  SA  Silver  Surfer  run, 1 through  18.  I'll intermix  the odd  Golden  Age  book  in, along with more obscure  coverless  comics  and   cover  wraps, 

Yeah,  yeah,   I know.  Business as usual  with  more  Silver than normal,  :D

DA RULEZ

I'll put up a big scan of the FC,  note anything else I spot,  and as always,  if you'd like a scan 
of the  back cover I'll be happy to  supply it.

Shipping to USA preferred, but if you want something sent to Canada or overseas PM me 
and we'll work something out. 

:TAKEIT:  rules the roost,  but PM's, kibitzing,  and general tomfoolery  are welcome.

$8.50  Priority shipping to the USA for one to  four  books, well packed in a padded  envelope.   
$15 boxed  Priority  for  larger quantities.  Canada or overseas to be determined.
For the bargainminded  I  can  ship  one or  two books  First Class for  $4.50

CHECK OR MONEY ORDER  PREFERRED, I just plain out don't like paypal.  

If you just GOTTA pay with paypal  PM me and we'll work something out.

Returns for any reason on your dime,  and  for any missed major  flaw or bad description on my dime.

My Kudos thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4287314#Post4287314

Here we go!

Amazing Spider-Man 51  Rough Romita Reader

Corner off upper RH FC,  several chips  and tears  along  spine BC.  Interior is nice,  offfwhite - white pages

Asking $10

t4qKeUK.jpg

Edited by catrick339

So,   I gotta  ask.   Is  everyone  self-quarantining,  sheltering in place,   social distancing?  I've now  officially  lost  all  April  shows  I  was planning on attending,   and  the  
May  shows  aren't looking  promising  at present.  I was looking forward  to  a  busy  spring  and summer  throughout  the Midwest,  and may  have to  settle  for  
shopping  here and on  eBaylol

How many  regulars hereabouts  still  have  to  go out  to the daily grind?  Michigan is still  on  full  lockdown,  and  I expect  it to  stay  that way  through  April,   and  it looks 
likely  that  the Governor  is  going  to  cancel the  remainder of the school  year  and  keep  things  closed  until  fall.  

Interesting times,  folks. 

Doom  Patrol  124

Reprints  one of the SA  issues.  

Nice  enough, minor wear,  chip  out lower  spine,   light soiling  along  spine  BC

Asking  $5

vQCHGa7.jpg

Yeah,  that's right,  I'm   counting  the  Doom  Patrols  down  backwards  from  124  through  80.  But  your patience will be  rewarded,  I'm 
listing  the  complete  run....one at  a time. 

Ditto  the Surfers. 

The Honeymooners  4,  the St. John  issue

Coverless  complete,  good sized spine roll,  otherwise  quite nice, 2" tear on one interior page.

Asking  $10

Skv3SFT.jpg

Silver Surfer 18

Alas  the  mouses  have  been  at  the upper RH  corner  and  it's been  chewed  round.  Otherwise  flat  and  glossy,  tight with  white pages,  
bit of  soiling  along  the spine  BC.   This  has been  my  reader copy  for  a good  many  years,  same as the rest of the Surfer run,

Asking $10

mqQKgla.jpg

Doom  Patrol 123

Another SA  reprint,  nice. I ended up  with  these  back  when  I  was  still  a rabid  completist,   lol 

Asking $5

o89bKd2.jpg

The Spideys,  on the other  hand,  I  am counting UP  from  51.

Amazing Spider-Man 52

Bit of general  wear,  touch  of rubbing upper RH FC,  but  flat  and tight,  good  gloss,  white  pages. 

Asking $25  SOLD!

dWAPBSO.jpg

Edited by catrick339

17 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

So,   I gotta  ask.   Is  everyone  self-quarantining,  sheltering in place,   social distancing?  I've now  officially  lost  all  April  shows  I  was planning on attending,   and  the  
May  shows  aren't looking  promising  at present.  I was looking forward  to  a  busy  spring  and summer  throughout  the Midwest,  and may  have to  settle  for  

How many  regulars hereabouts  still  have  to  go out  to the daily grind?  Michigan is still  on  full  lockdown,  and  I expect  it to  stay  that way  through  April,   and  it looks 
likely  that  the Governor  is  going  to  cancel the  remainder of the school  year  and  keep  things  closed  until  fall.  

Yes sir, barely been out in the past two weeks, and then only to check on my Mom and get supplies quickly. Will be moving my courses online as of Monday. Just hope things are back to normal by June. I’m assuming that our next shows will be in August, but :wishluck: for sooner. 

Doom Patrol  122

Another   SA  reprint,   flat  and glossy enough,  but  large  light   water  BC. upper RH  FC. 

FREE  with the  next  purchase,  just  claim it!

SyNT3fd.jpg

2 minutes ago, mysterio said:

Yes sir, barely been out in the past two weeks, and then only to check on my Mom and get supplies quickly. Will be moving my courses online as of Monday. Just hope things are back to normal by June. I’m assuming that our next shows will be in August, but :wishluck: for sooner. 

Stay safe!

Baby  Huey,  The Baby Giant  #1.  Sept  1956

Coverless  complete, bit of general wear,   several  snaps  along  spine, chip out upper  edge last page,  light  brown  stains   spine, upper  last page.  Still  tight,  nice  reader.

Asking $10

tO40HsR.jpg

Silver Surfer 17

Flat, tight,  glossy,   white  pages.  bit of   light soiling  along  spine BC.

Asking $20 SOLD!

nEJZOhq.jpg

Edited by catrick339

12 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

The Spideys,  on the other  hand,  I  am counting UP  from  51.

Amazing Spider-Man 52

Bit of general  wear,  touch  of rubbing upper RH FC,  but  flat  and tight,  good  gloss,  white  pages. 

Asking $25

dWAPBSO.jpg

Take

Amazing Spider-Man 53  Doc Ock!

Chip out upper   LH FC, touch of  distributor  overspray LH  edge,   just by  the  cover price.  Otherwise  flat,   clean, tight,    glossy,   white pages.

Asking $30

408f0ni.jpg

TV Girls  and Gags  July 1956

Cheesecake  and burlesque  photos,  bad jokes,    gag  cartoons  with  buxom  lasses  and  business  wolves. 
The note  on  the backer  says  Bill  Ward art,  but   I  couldn't find  a  single Ward  cartoon   in  the lot,   although   several  artists 
are mining  the   same  vein. 

EDIT:  This is    a bit  smaller than digest sized,  measures  4-1/4 x 6

Asking  $5

WEsjImM.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Okay  break time,   I'm going  to  grab  some  lunch.   Preliminaries  are out of the way on Doom  Patrol,   I'll start  counting  down  from 121  this evening. 

Look  for   a nice batch of stuff  to start going up around 6 PM.

1 hour ago, catrick339 said:

Fortunately (unfortunately?) the only thing I save up for is NYCC which is months away so I'm hopeful, but who knows.  Definitely strange times.  Stay safe out there fellow collectors.

Tales  to Astonish 59

Giant Man and  The Avengers vs  The Hulk! And Jade Jaws  takes  over half the book  the next issue, 

Coverless complete,  nice  copy.

Asking $10

VuN8y9t.jpg