• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S QUARNUCOPIA IS CLOSED!
3 3

278 posts in this topic

43 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

No love for the Sunday Comics  section,  eh?

Well then,   Forward The Funnybooks!

Supersnipe V2 #10

Coupon  clipped out  lower   RH  BC,  old tape  on  spine BC. Otherwise flat,  good gloss,   off-white pages.

A nice  reader for $15

hhmgWb5.jpg

18 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

Supersnipe V3 #5

Flat and tight enough,  but  plenty  of long,  light  dogears FC,  bit of general wear. Couple chips out  BC,   off-white pages

Asking $25

HR1uniM.jpg

@Comical Situations

Doom Patrol 112

Hey,  we've worked our way back  to   the Go-Go  Checks!

Bit of general wear,   flat and tight,   glossy,  off-white pages

Asking $15

Qq1bqg5.jpg

9 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

Silver Surfer 14

Surfer vs Spidey!

Flat and tight,   glossy, white pages.  Bit of general wear.

Asking $15

puBde3g.jpg

take

Amazing Spider-Man 65  

Long light sub-type crease FC,  general  wear. tightm  off-white - white pages

Asking  $15

9nGZbnp.jpg

Life With Millie 17

Looks great,  but  there are  two  paper doll pages   cut out,   and  the CF  is missing.  Take it for  a Frankenstein  or  a  cheap  reader.

FREE   with  the NEXT   purchase,  just  claim it!

d4XNxpy.jpg

Silver Surfer 13

Nice  looking  glossy copy,  but   general  wear,  pulled lower  staple.   Small tear LH edge BC, off-white pages

Asking $10  SOLD!

wjt0n9O.jpg

Edited by catrick339

5 hours ago, catrick339 said:

Trying something  a bit different for today's first post. 

Milwaukee Journal,  complete   twelve  page  Sunday  Comics  section, March 5,  1933.

This thing is HUGE,  measuring  15-1/2 x 23, bigger than any  modern,  or  even  recent,  newspaper,. 

I can ship it folded,  in  a medium  flat  rate  Priority box  for  $15,  if  I  can figure out  how to  stiffen  the box properly  to   keep  the paper safe.
If  anyone is interested  in  the first  one,   I  can  list   several  more  from  this paper,  plus more  from  1940  with   a  huge   assortment 
of adventure  strips. 

This  one leads  off on page 1  with   full  page Tarzan of the Apes  by  HAL  FOSTER.  That's the only  true  adventure  strip,   Tarzan  really  led  the 
pack  with  this  sort of  thing,   and  in  1933  there wasn't much else out there but  Orphan Annie,  Tracy,  and   Captain Easy. 

Twelve   full  color pages,  but  only   9-1/2  pages of  comics,  the   CF  was   a  game/ story/activity kids  page,   and the last  half page  was  a  
comic strip  ad  four  Lifebuoy  Soap,    warning of the  perils of BO, lol

I have  the ENTIRE  REST  OF  THE  YEAR  THROUGH  DEC 29  all  in  similar  shape,   all  in much  the same format,   much the same  contents, 
If this one sells  I  can   start  taking photos  and listing,   or    cut  a bulk  deal  and figure out how to ship  them. 

List of  strips as follows:

Page 1  Tarzan full page
Page 2 Divot Diggers/Joe Jinks 2/3 page
Page 3 Hairbreadth  Harry  3/4 pageGear Homer
Page 4 Napoleon  full page
Page 5 Hawkshaw the Detective/Caotain and the Kids 2/3 page
Page 6 and 7  Kids  activities
Page 8 Mom and Pop/Freckles and his Friends 3/4 page
Page 9 Little Brother/The Bungle Family 3/4 page
Page 10 Good Deed Dotty/Dixie Dugan 3/4 page
Page 11 The Nut Brothers/Our Boarding House 3/4 page
Page 12 Flapper Fanny  half page/Lifebuoy ad  half page.

I'm posting  the Tarzan  page,   a  close up of the  last panel,   and the Lifebuoy  ad,  have pix of most of the rest if  anyone  wants  them. 

Asking $20,  and remember the freight.
PS  I can probably  bundle   4 or 5  together  in  one   priority  box,   provided there's any  interest. 

hFyINHz.jpg

xp8CjK7.jpg

eoZTyW5.jpg

Will it work for you?  Maybe do the tube first then insert inside Priority Box like this:

O_1098M-L0.jpg.dbb781128102da41bcebb54fb88ef52b.jpg

Supersnipe V3 #7

Now here's a  pretty one.   Flat,  tight,  clean,   glossy,   white pages.   Whiff of general wear,  Miniscule tear  at upper staple,   a  couple  ink chips off 
upper edge FC,   paper is intact

Yours for $100

nzmD1mz.jpg

15 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

Will it work for you?  Maybe do the tube first then insert inside Priority Box like this:

O_1098M-L0.jpg.dbb781128102da41bcebb54fb88ef52b.jpg

Many thanks  but I definitely  don't  want  to roll  these,   they're in  far  too nice  a shape  to want to stress out  a  twelve  page  section.  One fold  at  the original  spot  they  
were originally  folded,  I'm  willing to try,  They fit nicely  in  a  medium  rate  box  with  the flaps  left open on one end,  and the  end of another box  tucked into it between
the flaps.   I've used  that  before for  items that were just to long  to fit into  any Priority  box,  the PO  doesn't seem  to mind. 
Honestly,   I thought it  was  a crapshoot  to sell  them  here on the Boards,  I've ordered  bags and boards  to  display  them properly   at  the comic  shows, Alas, 
first time out  I  grabbed  the  wrong backers,   and now   Bags Unlimited  is shut down  as  non-essential. 
Well,   I  won't  be  attending any  shows THIS  month,   April  is  about  faded  away,   and  I'm   doubtful  about  May,  lol

Stay safe out  there,  everyone.

Amazing Spider-Man 66

Nice VG,  glossy  with  general wear,  white pages

Asking $10  SOLD!

qqEXhwB.jpg

Edited by catrick339

19 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

Many thanks  but I definitely  don't  want  to roll  these,   they're in  far  too nice  a shape  to want to stress out  a  twelve  page  section.  One fold  at  the original  spot  they  
were originally  folded,  I'm  willing to try,  They fit nicely  in  a  medium  rate  box  with  the flaps  left open on one end,  and the  end of another box  tucked into it between
the flaps.   I've used  that  before for  items that were just to long  to fit into  any Priority  box,  the PO  doesn't seem  to mind. 
Honestly,   I thought it  was  a crapshoot  to sell  them  here on the Boards,  I've ordered  bags and boards  to  display  them properly   at  the comic  shows, Alas, 
first time out  I  grabbed  the  wrong backers,   and now   Bags Unlimited  is shut down  as  non-essential. 
Well,   I  won't  be  attending any  shows THIS  month,   April  is  about  faded  away,   and  I'm   doubtful  about  May,  lol

Stay safe out  there,  everyone.

(thumbsu   Yep, it's challenged. I am still teaching online classes. My both colleges' websites said both schools will be open in between April 9th to 19th.  I doubt too.

Jackie Gleason  and the Homeymooners 2,  DC

Coverless  complete,  nice  shape  except for the  green  crayon page 1

Asking  $10

HwV6HqQ.jpg

Silver Surfer 12

Flat  and tight,   glossy,   white pages,  but  stress  marks along spine,   dogear upper  RH FC

Asking   $15  SOLD!

kUcHgbW.jpg

Edited by catrick339

6 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

(thumbsu   Yep, it's challenged. I am still teaching online classes. My both colleges' websites said both schools will be open in between April 9th to 19th.  I doubt too.

Me too Michael; I am instructing teachers who are unable to attend their own facilities because they're shut down.  I've certainly noticed an increase in activity in my courses since the schools were shut two weeks ago ... our Ministry has already said there is no set return date to elementary and secondary classrooms, which may mean the remainder of the year will be totally online for my colleagues ...

Edited by BuscemasAvengers

Doom Patrol 110

Ahh,  we're  getting  back into the GOOD  stuff.  Unlike  X-Men,  which  this   title  has  been  compared to many tines,  
Doom Patrol  was  great  in  the  early  and  middle run,   and  IMO  faded out  at the end,    X-Men,  on  the   other  hand,   faded out in  the  middle
and came  on  strong  in  the end,   From  here on  back  there is  some quirky Silver Ae  fun  to be  had  in  this  title,  and  I greatly  enjoyed  rereading  it  from 
start to finish last year.

Flat,  tight,   clean,   glossy  white  pages,   some general wear, tiny  tear  and  some stress lines  RH edge FC

Asking $20

igmxGgF.jpg