• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

**FOUND** WTB - Steve Ditko original art page

31 posts in this topic

Thanks for the leads, guys! I was aware of those already, but I'm thankful for all the help. It looks like I have located my desired Ditko page and have already paid for it. Once I receive it in the mail I'll post a pic and close the thread. Thanks!

14 hours ago, spidey300 said:

It only took 8 weeks and 1 day to arrive from Sweden, but it's here at last. I can finally close this thread.

20200716_205203.jpg

congrats! Wow, 8 weeks+ for delivery from Sweden :p I have been waiting about 6 weeks now for a package from Spain. Looks like 5-8 weeks is the average overseas delivery time for USPS due to the pandemic. (shrug)

Edited by Primetime

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2020 at 2:02 AM, Ecclectica said:

Congratulations ! Very nice page ! :golfclap:

Can you tell how much you paid for it ?

And do you know in which book it was published ?

Thanks everybody!

I paid just over $2,600 for it including shipping. I don't mind stating the price because I'm not planning on selling it. There were several affordable penciled and inked pages out there, but none that had "it" for me. When I saw those magic Ditko hands 😍 Going to be as close as I get to a Dr. Strange page.

Took a deep dive on Comic Art Fans site to find it. Was listed as NFS but the owner had a note in his byline to contact him if interested.

Neither the seller or Heritage Auctions (where he had purchased it several years ago) knew which Charlton comic it was published in. But a Google search on the character's name yielded the answer: a 6 page story titled Class Reunion in Ghostly Haunts #48. 

Edited by spidey300

9 hours ago, spidey300 said:

Thanks everybody!

I paid just over $2,600 for it including shipping. I don't mind stating the price because I'm not planning on selling it. There were several affordable penciled and inked pages out there, but none that had "it" for me. When I saw those Ditko magic hands 😍 Going to be as close as I get to a Dr. Strange page.

Took a deep dive on Comic Art Fans site to find it. Was listed as NFS but the owner had a note in his byline to contact him if interested.

Neither the seller or Heritage Auctions (where he had purchased it several years ago) knew which Charlton comic it was published in. But a Google search on the character's name yielded the answer: a 6 page story titled Class Reunion in Ghostly Haunts #48. 

It's a wonderful page, congrats!

re: shipping duration...was it sent via DHL?

4 hours ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

It's a wonderful page, congrats!

re: shipping duration...was it sent via DHL?

He sent it via PostNord. USPS took over once it reached the U.S. We believe the package ended up on a boat to cross the Atlantic due to reduced flights. 

On 7/18/2020 at 7:37 AM, spidey300 said:

He sent it via PostNord. USPS took over once it reached the U.S. We believe the package ended up on a boat to cross the Atlantic due to reduced flights. 

Chin up and have no fear! I believe we’re picking up tracking signals on your sweet Ditko Page! All is well !!

244B5D0A-0159-487C-84CC-57CF7055F9CB.thumb.jpeg.fa7f8aa65dca50ad55477f6f1aa19761.jpeg