• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DF signed, PGX graded, Hulk 1

7 posts in this topic

My son has a 9.4 PGX Dynamic Force  signed Red Hulk #1. I read in the “must read” thread and say that DF “raw” books can not get a sig label. What if it has a graded PGX label already. I don’t like how it was slabbed. I want to get it pressed for a chance of a higher grade and get the new slab. Thoughts/advice Would be appreciated. 9924D6CB-4BC5-4AAD-A36C-5C3AD653E42C.thumb.jpeg.2839936297bf42aabd74d9bf59728433.jpeg

2289A0DB-E4BC-44D2-9A1B-A711EC2469EB.jpeg

The basic logic is that CGC does not verify or recognize signatures that were not witnessed by a CGC witness.  You can most likely get it pressed and re-submit it to a non-CGC company if that suits your specific preferences better.

The CGC options (contact CGC before submitting to discuss) are getting a green 'qualified' label where they grade the book and ignore the signature, OR a get blue 'universal' label where they count the signature into the grading of the book (they will of course count the sig as a defect). 

good luck

Dude, hold it for now.  Wait for a McGuinness Op, and have him sign it again.  You’ll get a Yellow label, with a green trim.  Might even get a grade bump.  Signature Qualified will look badass!  And you’ll have a book with the best of both worlds: DF certification and CGC Signature certification!  

Edited by Comixroc

Thank you all for the feedback, Does anyone know if CGC does a qualified banner on thier custom lables? Say I order the new Hulk label it will have a similar green banner on top similar to that of the signature series?

4 hours ago, Mathayus said:

Thank you all for the feedback, Does anyone know if CGC does a qualified banner on thier custom lables? Say I order the new Hulk label it will have a similar green banner on top similar to that of the signature series?

Pretty good question.  If nobody responds, contact Cgc and ask