• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Most Desirable Superman Covers
1 1

43 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, Mac Man said:

Which Action Comics / Superman covers do you find are most desirable from either a personal or collectible stance?

War covers personally, and I’m fairly sure from a collectible/financial perspective they are always in demand

I like all the Superman covers from 1 to 24. Favourites are 4, 5, 8, 11, 15, 21 and 24. Number 15 is probably the best - much better than some of the ‘classic’ covers.

But from 25 onwards, there is only one good cover (32) until you get to 53.

Superman 14 is the ultimate classic cover.

Past that, all of the "in action" WW2 covers:  Superman 17, 18, 23, and 26; Action 43, 44, 48, 53, 54, 58, 59, 63

Aside from those, my favorites are Superman 32, 45 and 50, Action 26 and 41. 

Edited by SuperBird

I don't collect, or much enjoy most, superman books....but Action Comics #36 is one of the best representations of a fun 'Golden Age' comic cover, and I hope to find a higher grade copy one day for my collection.

Fighting very silly robots (whose design many of us perhaps drew robots like in our childhoods at one point or another), while featuring a larger sized superman (not as small on the cover, as might be found on many other covers where he is flying), and of course the happy colors (minimal but bright, allowing the red/blue of super to pop off the page).  

imageproxy_php.jpeg.3b6cb339c3508fff1bf3d39a7b444ef5.jpeg

Edited by Sauce Dog