• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Every DC COMICS Issue from 1935 – 2016 to be Auctioned as Complete Set by SOTHEBY'S
2 2

130 posts in this topic

37 minutes ago, walclark said:

“To be sold as a collection in a single lot.”  Wow, that’s going to narrow the bidder pool.

It's a PRIVATE SALE offering.  

Many of the comics are restored or low grade.  

1 hour ago, IngelsFan said:

is a copy of Double Action Comics 2 included in the collection?

They have one plus the super rare holographic foil cover edition!

The key here is  : "Comprehensiveness  rather than condition"..."the majority of the restoration are from the early years"..hello...this is going to HA.com and most of it on their weekly auction.  my estimate 1.5 M depending on how much restoration on Key GA's

Edited by Mmehdy

11 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:

somebody in NY should call them and ask the price?

Lets all chip in for Mmehdy's long distance!  Just kidding.  Why don't you call?  Trying to understand why Sotheby's?  Maybe the hope is some University or Museum steps up?  My guess is asking price is $10,000,000/$400 per comic? 

Edited by ThothAmon

6 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:

The key here is  : "Comprehensiveness  rather than condition"..."the majority of the restoration are from the early years"..hello...this is going to HA.com and most of it on their weekly auction.  my estimate 1.5 M depending on how much restoration on Key GA's

I'm soo confused then. Why is it being promoted on Sotheby's and as a single lot, if it's selling through Heritage and in different amounts? Which isn't mentioned anywhere.

3 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

I'm soo confused then. Why is it being promoted on Sotheby's and as a single lot, if it's selling through Heritage and in different amounts? Which isn't mentioned anywhere.

If they do not find a buyer for the single lot or their price is unreasonable then look for this collection to end up on Ha.com they have the best platform for that collections liquidation.

Edited by Mmehdy

Just now, Mmehdy said:

If they do not find a buyer for the single lot or their price is unreasonable then look for this collection to end up on Ha.com they have the best platform for that collections liquidation.

Oh I see and yeah makes sense :)