• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Every DC COMICS Issue from 1935 – 2016 to be Auctioned as Complete Set by SOTHEBY'S
2 2

130 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, sfcityduck said:
2 hours ago, walclark said:

“To be sold as a collection in a single lot.”  Wow, that’s going to narrow the bidder pool.

It's a PRIVATE SALE offering.  

Many of the comics are restored or low grade.  

No matter. Super exciting !

12 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:

It is NOT an auction. It is a private sale folks.....

I'm happy there's informed people on here who can confirm that, because I didn't see that mentioned anywhere on the site haha. Maybe I missed it though hm

13 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

I'm happy there's informed people on here who can confirm that, because I didn't see that mentioned anywhere on the site haha. Maybe I missed it though hm

If you click the link to the Catalogue, you'll see it at the top of the PDF.

ILS.jpg

Edited by Chazgee

27 minutes ago, Crowzilla said:
43 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:

my estimate 1.5 M depending on how much restoration on Key GA's

No way his ask is only 1.5 million. Ian will be asking a premium because his name is attached to it.

I actually thought it would have to go for a discount with Ian's name attached to the collection.  lol

50 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:

The key here is  : "Comprehensiveness  rather than condition"..."the majority of the restoration are from the early years"..hello...this is going to HA.com and most of it on their weekly auction.  my estimate 1.5 M depending on how much restoration on Key GA's

Hey Mitch;

I imagine this collection here is a perfect example of what you was referring to in the other thread with respect to "quality" GA/SA collections coming into the marketplace due to the current uncertain economic environment which we find ourselves in nowadays.  (thumbsu

All I can say for a long time collector like Ian who probably paid pennies on today's dollar for his books, this is both definitely the wrong time, wrong venue, and the wrong method (i.e. sell as 1 giant lot only) to dispose of his collection if he was thinking of maximizing his dollars.  hm  doh!

Edited by lou_fine

10 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Hey Mitch;

I imagine this collection here is a perfect example of what you was referring to in the other thread with respect to "quality" GA/SA collections coming into the marketplace due to the current uncertain economic environment which we find ourselves in nowadays.  (thumbsu

All I can say for a long time collector like Ian who probably paid pennies on today's dollar for his books, this is both definitely the wrong time, wrong venue, and the wrong method (i.e. sell as 1 giant lot only) to dispose of his collection if he was thinking of maximizing his dollars.  hm  doh!

As you and I know, this is just the beginning of the "wave" of collections which are gonna hit, our fragile GA/SA market  and especially GPA is gonna take big hit, when the unslabbed collections like this are dumped on the market. There are a lot more unslabbed collections that exist, than people want to recognize. Again, I would grade them before selling, I use CGC rather than the other guy...the wave is coming and I would sell sooner rather than later.

Edited by Mmehdy

8 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

If I had to guess the price, it would be 5 mil. But who knows, because lots of details needed 

It just takes one buyer...possible one sucker, who does not care about restoration and just write the check...my guess it is going to CC or most likely HA after no takers.

Edited by Mmehdy

Just now, Mmehdy said:

It just takes one buyer...possible one sucker, who does not care about restoration and just write the check...my guess it is going to CC or most likely HA.

10 mil US (8mil pounds) is asking

Isn’t that around $250/book?  Seems really high given the vast majority would be worth less than that?  A lot would be sub $1/book I would think since he wasn’t focused on condition.  The Sensation 1 looks really rough.  Batman 1 looks like it has heavy restoration.