• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Every DC COMICS Issue from 1935 – 2016 to be Auctioned as Complete Set by SOTHEBY'S
2 2

130 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Primetime said:

I believe this was a group picture of some of Ian’s books taken long ago. I could be wrong though. Impressive shot. 

F3E35988-21F9-4273-81BF-7D5EB7C5D57E.jpeg

I have no idea how to value this in dollars. It’s just neat the way Ian put this all together. I would not care for anything DC 1990 on so I would throw out any valuation on those.

Im not a restoration guy either.

But this will be fun. It would be great if somebody could buy it whole and keep it together. Then donate it to the Library of Congress. Do they have the space? 😂 

1 hour ago, Crowzilla said:

No way his ask is only 1.5 million. Ian will be asking a premium because his name is attached to it.

I have NO idea who Ian Levine is and don't care.  Why would anyone ever pay a premium just because so and so owned a comic?

1 hour ago, Mmehdy said:

The key here is  : "Comprehensiveness  rather than condition"..."the majority of the restoration are from the early years"..hello...this is going to HA.com and most of it on their weekly auction.  my estimate 1.5 M depending on how much restoration on Key GA's

He followed the old Bridge axiom did he - "Length before strength"?  

20 minutes ago, Primetime said:

I believe this was a group picture of some of Ian’s books taken long ago. I could be wrong though. Impressive shot. 

so I take it there isn't the complete 27-38 run of Detective

47 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

I had thought 5 mil conservatively. But would need every key graded to really know 

How can anyone speculate without grading the major keys?  Obviously, some of have taped spines, but others look pretty good.  

43 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:
1 hour ago, Primetime said:

so I take it there isn't the complete 27-38 run of Detective

Hidden away as nobody cares about those common as dirt pre-Robin 'Tec books, but front and center is the only copy of Double Action #1 in the entire universe.  :bigsmile:

1 hour ago, batman_fan said:

Isn’t that around $250/book?  Seems really high given the vast majority would be worth less than that?  A lot would be sub $1/book I would think since he wasn’t focused on condition.  The Sensation 1 looks really rough.  Batman 1 looks like it has heavy restoration.

So you'd be paying $250 for a book from 2014 you can get for less than a $1  

7 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Hidden away as nobody cares about those common as dirt pre-Robin 'Tec books, but front and center is the only copy of Double Action #1 in the entire universe.  :bigsmile:

The fake Double Action 1, anyway. The real one was sold by Metro and looks nothing like this one, lol.