• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Every DC COMICS Issue from 1935 – 2016 to be Auctioned as Complete Set by SOTHEBY'S
2 2

130 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, lou_fine said:

It's too bad he never ever did a writeup on the collection then in his Comic Book Marketplace magazine which he was in charge of at the time, as that would have been a perfect article for that type of GA fan magazine

No one besides the Carters has seen a box of books from the collection

No one has seen a picture of the books in the collection

No one has see a list of the books in the collection.

The collection was sold to a buyer in Japan no one knows except the Carters.

On 4/1/2020 at 3:13 AM, speedcake said:

I tried to answer my own question via google, but I failed. Who is/was Christine Farrell? All I've been able to learn is that she has or had a complete or nearly complete D.C. collection, but I can find no articles, pictures, or other references to her or the collection outside of the forum here.

I had a long chat with Chris one night at dinner in NY. It was quite fascinating hearing about some of her experiences. She did have a store in Vermont, and Joe V used to help her in putting together the collection.

She was not impressed when Ian called her up one day though.

2 hours ago, quicksilver said:

I had a long chat with Chris one night at dinner in NY. It was quite fascinating hearing about some of her experiences. She did have a store in Vermont, and Joe V used to help her in putting together the collection.

She was not impressed when Ian called her up one day though.

Well in fairness, she’d never even HEARD of Teen Beat or Team Beam :insane:

2B9C5B10-DD32-48D1-BF3A-CA78A0396159.png

3 hours ago, adamstrange said:

No one besides the Carters has seen a box of books from the collection

No one has seen a picture of the books in the collection

No one has see a list of the books in the collection.

The collection was sold to a buyer in Japan no one knows except the Carters.

You sound like a non-believer. But I can vividly remember visiting his house in SD and being able to see stacks of comics, and then roaming the isles of his collection which looked just like those shelves for Ian's collection, wondering where the rest were.

But I believe he is still a professor at San Diego Mesa College, so perhaps someone could contact him about it.

21 minutes ago, Crowzilla said:

You sound like a non-believer. But I can vividly remember visiting his house in SD and being able to see stacks of comics, and then roaming the isles of his collection which looked just like those shelves for Ian's collection, wondering where the rest were.

But I believe he is still a professor at San Diego Mesa College, so perhaps someone could contact him about it.

The Carters had a large collection of DC Comics.

My remarks were specific to the Indian Reservation books.

19 minutes ago, adamstrange said:

The Carters had a large collection of DC Comics.

Yes, they did - and tons of Mile High copies. I just didn't see anything to indicate that they had complete/near-complete collection. But for years, I also wasn't sure there was really a Lane either.

2 hours ago, Crowzilla said:

But for years, I also wasn't sure there was really a Lane either

lol   That's a very good one Crowzilla!

Someone sent this to me a couple of years ago - Gary's "other life" in music:

https://coronadotimes.com/news/2017/06/13/coronado-band-celebrates-50-years-west-coast-iron-works/

I do miss Gary, Lisa, Mike Naiman and the good ole' days of the CBM!

17 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Now, that's an absolutely fantastic link to the good old days of the 60's music scene and with our own Gary Carter in the lead. :applause:  

“Gary Carter, the token blonde in the group, was the silent type but nonetheless a lanky heartthrob on the rhythm guitar. He has become the band’s historian.”