• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HOBBS & SHAW 2: SHOW ME THE MONEY (TBD)
1 1

18 posts in this topic

The FAST & FURIOUS franchise is one of the biggest in the world, so it's no surprise that the series finally entered spin-off territory last year with FAST & FURIOUS PRESENTS: HOBBS & SHAW. The David Leitch (DEADPOOL 2) film found Luke Hobbs (Dwayne Johnson) and Deckard Shaw (Jason Statham) taking on Brixton (Idris Elba), a cyber-genetically enhanced anarchist who gains control of an insidious bio-threat that could alter humanity forever, but naturally, there will be more threats for the cantankerous duo to tackle as Johnson has confirmed that a sequel is in the works.

During a Instagram Live Q&A, Dwayne Johnson confirmed that HOBBS & SHAW 2 is in development. "We are developing now the next film, the next [Hobbs & Shaw] movie, and I'm pretty excited about it." Johnson said, adding that they "just gotta figure out the creative right now, and the direction we’re going to go." Johnson also thanks fans for making the first film such "a huge success." As HOBBS & SHAW made $760.4 million worldwide, it's no surprise that Universal Pictures is moving forward with a sequel.

I finally watched the first Hobbes and Shaw the other night.  I was entertained and I laughed a few times.  That's all I want from a movie like this. 

I am in the middle of Manchester by the Sea.  I am looking for a different experience with that. 

So... bring on Hobbes and Shaw 2.  

Just now, Buzzetta said:

I finally watched the first Hobbes and Shaw the other night.  I was entertained and I laughed a few times.  That's all I want from a movie like this. 

I am in the middle of Manchester by the Sea.  I am looking for a different experience with that. 

So... bring on Hobbes and Shaw 2.  

Yeah, when I don't want to think about anything and watch things explode, it's Hobbs&Shaw for me.

If it's a feel good, then I'll throw in Good Will Hunting

2 minutes ago, BaronSamedi said:

Overall, but you can toss in some comic book related stuff too! Isolation has me watching paint peel!

Well, let's see, I love The Dark Knight Trilogy, Man of Steel, Batman v Superman, and about half of the MCU.

I also love Anchorman, Dodgeball, and many dumb:censored: comedy movies.

The remake for Exorcism of Emily Rose might be the only good horror film of the 21st century.

I like a lot of stuff.

2 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Well, let's see, I love The Dark Knight Trilogy, Man of Steel, Batman v Superman, and about half of the MCU.

The remake for Exorcism of Emily Rose might be the only good horror film of the 21st century.

I like a lot of stuff.

Loved Bane!

Will Farrell is hilarious, ESPECIALLY ANCHORMAN!

I also don't mind an Owen Wilson movie from time to time

And of course Statham or DJ!

I saw this movie in theatres

For action it was really good

For plot, a 5 year old could write it.

4 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I like a lot of stuff.

This is insane, but I have never agreed with you more on movies

But I would also add

The Rundown

Collateral (not damage)

And snatch (amazing flick)

5 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

This is insane, but I have never agreed with you more on movies

But I would also add

The Rundown

Collateral (not damage)

And snatch (amazing flick)

Don't recall ever seeing The Rundown or Collateral.

Didn't care for Snatch. 2c

2 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Don't recall ever seeing The Rundown or Collateral.

Didn't care for Snatch. 2c

The Rundown is one of the Rocks earlier films and you see a sendoff by Arnold in it, if you'd watch it you'll catch it

Collateral is about Tom Cruise as a Hitman- it's pretty amazing

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

Rundown was another fun movie and shows Dwayne's promise as to what would eventually come.  Walken is phenomenal in calling all of the indigenous people, "Oompa Loompas".

And Sean William Scott is hilarious as usual.

And when the Rock asks are these Brazil nuts

The scene where Rosario Dawson says

"Those fell off the tree out back, we are in Brazil, we just call them nuts"

When Johnson spoke commented on Diesel's public plea to return to the franchise, he stated that he would not return to the franchise but then also refers to the Fast and the Furious universe.  I cannot help but wonder if a second Hobbs and Shaw movie is off the table due to the falling out between the pair.

I enjoy these movies so I would like to see Johnson return in some capacity even if all it is, is another Hobbs and Shaw movie.  Johnson always has a lot on his plate so it will be interesting to see if this is squeezed into the schedule. 

Dwayne Johnson Slams Door On Return To ‘Fast And Furious’ Franchise, Calls Vin Diesel’s Social Media Ask “Manipulation”

“This past June, when Vin and I actually connected not over social media, I told him directly — and privately — that I would not be returning to the franchise,” Johnson said. “I was firm yet cordial with my words and said that I would always be supportive of the cast and always root for the franchise to be successful, but that there was no chance I would return. I privately spoke with my partners at Universal as well, all of whom were very supportive as they understand the problem.

Johnson added: “Vin’s recent public post was an example of his manipulation. I didn’t like that he brought up his children in the post, as well as Paul Walker’s death. Leave them out of it. We had spoken months ago about this and came to a clear understanding. My goal all along was to end my amazing journey with this incredible ‘Fast & Furious’ franchise with gratitude and grace. It’s unfortunate that this public dialogue has muddied the waters. Regardless, I’m confident in the ‘Fast’ universe and its ability to consistently deliver for the audience, and I truly wish my former co-stars and crew members the best of luck and success in the next chapter.”