• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Positive Stories coming out during these tough times
1 1

78 posts in this topic

On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2020 at 10:39 AM, 1950's war comics said:

iv'e never seen so many people walking in my life , even young people although most of them are walking and looking at their phones at the same time....

I went for a nice 2 mile walk with my teenager yesterday. He had finally gotten a bit stir crazy and needed out. Plus there was sun, although still a little chilly.... alas week 3 of work from home has not been so productive. I was really good for weeks 1-2, did a lot, helped I had 2 briefs due Friday.

Edited by the blob

3 minutes ago, the blob said:

Cabbage was 27 cents a pound last month. I loaded up. I'm the only one in the house who will eat it though. I make a bone broth cabbage soup, lots of curry and ginger. dee-lish.

you and my wife should start a farm.

i still find her useful, or i would have cut off her eating that stuff years ago.

trumpets while sleeping is very annoying. very. there are very few persons that need to where a nose clothes pin when they go to bed. all are married to a partner that shoves cabbage in their mouth.

Just now, wilbil said:

i still find her useful, or i would have cut off her eating that stuff years ago.

trumpets while sleeping is very annoying. very. there are very few persons that need to where a nose clothes pin when they go to bed. all are married to a partner that shoves cabbage in their mouth.

that should have been wear. i'm irish.

5 minutes ago, wilbil said:

I eat a lot of broccoli and other ruffage. It is necessary because I also eat 1-2 pounds of meat on most days. I'm gonna toot.

Guys, I've been laying low here. It was me who started this thread. Read the title. Get it? It's not about you, your personal problems, or flatulance, it's about real heroes and normal people that are trying to make a difference for others. Can I please, respectfully, ask you to just post something that helps folks emotionaly get through this horrible situation? I'd really appreciate it...:foryou:

3 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Guys, I've been laying low here. It was me who started this thread. Read the title. Get it? It's not about you, your personal problems, or flatulance, it's about real heroes and normal people that are trying to make a difference for others. Can I please, respectfully, ask you to just post something that helps folks emotionaly get through this horrible situation? I'd really appreciate it...:foryou:

humor helps. it always has. still does. the best one liners are from healthcare providers in hospitals. how do you think healthcare providers cope?

i surely understand your plea, but in my opinion, it may be a bit unnecessary.

i am a pacifist though, so you win. 

On 3/31/2020 at 2:34 PM, Robot Man said:

I got my wife's make up out and "did myself up". Really cracked up people and lightened the mood.

Got any inspiring or funny stories to share?

humor.

56 minutes ago, wilbil said:

humor helps. it always has. still does. the best one liners are from healthcare providers in hospitals. how do you think healthcare providers cope?

i surely understand your plea, but in my opinion, it may be a bit unnecessary.

i am a pacifist though, so you win. 

I fully get it and agree. In the darkest of times, humor has always helped me too. I guess I get it from my dad. He was an LA police photographer. Sometimes a real tough job. 

When John Belusi died. After they got done, they propped him up in a chair, a few of the cops there crowded around him and my dad took their picture! I’ve got it but can’t post it. You know, I think John would have thought it funny too don’t you? 

I used to be a pacifist too. Still am deep inside. But as many of you will realize some day, the longer you live, you just get tired of I d I o t s...

Now post something “inspirational” will ya? 

Just now, Robot Man said:

I fully get it and agree. In the darkest of times, humor has always helped me too. I guess I get it from my dad. He was an LA police photographer. Sometimes a real tough job. 

When John Belusi died. After they got done, they propped him up in a chair, a few of the cops there crowded around him and my dad took their picture! I’ve got it but can’t post it. You know, I think John would have thought it funny too don’t you? 

I used to be a pacifist too. Still am deep inside. But as many of you will realize some day, the longer you live, you just get tired of I d I o t s...

Now post something “inspirational” will ya? 

you got it.

in chapel on monday, there were give or take 6 nurses, 3 (for certain) physicians and possibly 2 other physicians based on their badges.  there was 1 physician that is well known for not exactly the most religious guy. later on in the morning, it was in the waiting area, a nurse mentioned she saw him in chapel, with the kind of singsong voice that reflects it was more of a question than a statement. he said i hope to hell god is a doctor.

3 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Or, at least show some range.

I made two posts, one involving flatulence, the other about a really nice, appreciative gesture made to our British lady health workers.

Edited by Ken Aldred

5 hours ago, Robot Man said:

This is still 'Murica where it is in the Constitution that we can go off topic. As much a right as me owning owning an AK47.

Guys and Gals of this awesome forum, I think what Bob was and is trying to do is start a conversation/thread with positive stories- those that make us smile and keep us believing. Believing in what you want to believe in is surely up to you. 

One other positive thing is that many of us have gotten more time with our families. Yes, it’s stressful not knowing if there will be work, or having enough of “this”or that,” but we must keep in mind that many of us survived on very little growing up (at least I did). It is difficult to stay indoors, but this is what we are currently presented with. We must continually try and reflect on the concept of gratitude. Yes, this may sound corny, but many of us have a lot- love, food, warmth of a cozy house, family, and let us not forget our funny books. If you are in need during this time, please reach out to others. There is support.  Bless you all. We will get through this. 

40 minutes ago, the blob said:

Fine. It looks like my mother is likely out of the woods. The miracle 82 year old with a million other health problems. Happy? I'm relieved.

That’s a beautiful thing! We are happy to hear she’s doing well!!! 82 is a great number.