• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Date Stamp (and Store Stamp) Love
14 14

563 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, comicginger1789 said:

Does anyone else here love date stamps as much as I?

To be honest, if I had the choice of a VF silver age book with a date stamp and a VF copy of the same book without, I am taking the date stamp. Something about em just adds to the nostalgia of the book for me. 

Post some of your favourite date stamps that you own here!

Personally I like them but I would never again buy a comic for investment purposes if it has a date stamp.   My daughter got married last year and I had to sell ample comics.  I sold pretty much everything at or close to GPA except for my date stamps comics and they were all keys. I was lucky to get 80% of GPA for the comics with date stamps.

6 minutes ago, speedcake said:

That last thread is like three months old.  :roflmao:

Yeah but the guy was interested in people posting stuff that people were willing to let go. I mean I can amalgamate mine into to but I ain’t willing to sell mine!

Oh and here’s another!

image.jpg

24 minutes ago, raybowles said:

Personally I like them but I would never again buy a comic for investment purposes if it has a date stamp.   My daughter got married last year and I had to sell ample comics.  I sold pretty much everything at or close to GPA except for my date stamps comics and they were all keys. I was lucky to get 80% of GPA for the comics with date stamps.

Really? I feel like newer collectors for the most part see a stamp and think yuck that’s ugly why is that on there...to each their own. I would have paid for em but I’m an anomaly and also not a high flying buyer. But if I were, date stamps would be my go to!

When I learned to grade in the 1980s, I seem to remember date stamps were treated negatively. I've always liked them though especially cool dates. I think catrick had a horror book in one of his sales threads with a Halloween date stamp. Someone snagged it before I could.

My god - November 23, 1962 was the day after Thanksgiving that year. Imagine being trapped in a Trailways bus station reading carppy DC comics the day after Thanksgiving. :sorry: 

I know, I know, it was just the date it came in. 

But someone had to be at that carppy Trailways bus station, in Wells, Nevada, stamping the new periodicals in at the magazine rack.