• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Date Stamp (and Store Stamp) Love
14 14

563 posts in this topic

that is not crazy. i know a guy that does that, for a specific time period from as many outlets and different stamps he can find. it is sort of a brief written geographic sales map, and it takes a lot of research and time and dedication.

that is why i really liked the px comic book inventory thread.

1 hour ago, comicginger1789 said:

Maybe it’s the quarantine talking but I wonder if anyone has ever tried to get a date stamp for every month of a particular year or even run of years....maybe I should! Crazy? Likely.

Anyways another one!

That would an interesting run! (thumbsu

2 minutes ago, FlyingDonut said:

@greggy sold an Amazing Spider-Man 101 in CGC 9.8 with a perfectly placed date stamp in the white SMACK box on the cover. Maybe he still has an image?

Nope

Roy @VintageComics had a 9.4 with that attribute

I love date stamps! In the old date stamp thread we had a list of people looking for stamps with specific dates - I'm still trying to find a date stamp from the day I was born, which is hard because comics didn't come out that day. I have a couple now that I found int he wild with date stamps from the day before I was born, so it's possible there's some out there from shops where shipments were late or they were just stamped late; I've seen this before, where a single issue has date stamps from multiple dates. But I'm, not holding my breath on ever finding it.