• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Date Stamp (and Store Stamp) Love
14 14

563 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, jayhawker said:

Found 4 more going thru the FF box.

image.jpg

only 8 days after I was born! If anyone has a Nov 29, especially 1966 I would be so excited to buy it! 

15 hours ago, Bird said:

only 8 days after I was born! If anyone has a Nov 29, especially 1966 I would be so excited to buy it! 

Oh. My. Good. Gravy.

You know, we've done the date stamp thread before, and we compiled a giant list of boardies looking for specific dates. I made a big spreadsheet with all of my comics with date stamps, and for like 5 years I've been checking and I've never found an exact match. days but not years, half matches, that sort of thing. 

UNTIL NOW.

I'm so excited!

20200422_130600.thumb.jpg.11476f6b072ced47ab24a778c517a6dc.jpg

Edited by Crimebuster

3 minutes ago, Crimebuster said:

Oh. My. Good. Gravy.

You know, we've done the date stamp thread before, and we compiled a giant list of boardies looking for specific dates. I made a big spreadsheet with all of my comics with date stamps, and for like 5 years I've been checking and I've never found an exact match. days but not years, half matches, that sort of thing. 

UNTIL NOW.

I'm so excited!

20200422_130600.thumb.jpg.11476f6b072ced47ab24a778c517a6dc.jpg

Awesome!!!!

You have a June 12 one? My year is lame (1989) but any June 12th issue would be cool to at least see :)

Since we know for sure that comics came out that day, I'm betting you can find others. I took a quick look at Mike's Amazing World, and it says one of the comics that came out the same day is Detective Comics #359 with the first Batgirl. I took a look at a few dozen copies on ebay, though, and the only one with a date stamp was actually from a week later, December 6. But I'm guessing there's other books with that Nov. 29, 1966 stamp out there. 

In my experience searching for my birth date stamp, I've noticed that some titles seem more likely than others to have the stamp. For me, it's Daredevil and Brave and the Bold - I'm guessing they were alphaetically first for their publishes, and thus on top of the bundles. 

Edited by Crimebuster

1 minute ago, comicginger1789 said:

Awesome!!!!

You have a June 12 one? My year is lame (1989) but any June 12th issue would be cool to at least see :)

Unfortunately, no. I have a June 13 (from 1974), but not a June 12. 1989 would be very hard to find any date stamps from, though theoretically possible. I personally have never found a book stamped after 1987, but I've seen pictures of some stamped as late as 1991. 

4 minutes ago, Crimebuster said:

Unfortunately, no. I have a June 13 (from 1974), but not a June 12. 1989 would be very hard to find any date stamps from, though theoretically possible. I personally have never found a book stamped after 1987, but I've seen pictures of some stamped as late as 1991. 

Yeah 1989 would be hard. The “newest” date I have is this one. Must have been sold in Quebec or near Ottawa hence the French date stamp with Mars for March.

image.jpg

1 hour ago, Crimebuster said:

Since we know for sure that comics came out that day, I'm betting you can find others. I took a quick look at Mike's Amazing World, and it says one of the comics that came out the same day is Detective Comics #359 with the first Batgirl. I took a look at a few dozen copies on ebay, though, and the only one with a date stamp was actually from a week later, December 6. But I'm guessing there's other books with that Nov. 29, 1966 stamp out there. 

In my experience searching for my birth date stamp, I've noticed that some titles seem more likely than others to have the stamp. For me, it's Daredevil and Brave and the Bold - I'm guessing they were alphaetically first for their publishes, and thus on top of the bundles. 

Thank you, for the book AND the info. I have my birth date on a comic strip (Moon Mullins IIRC) and a few of my birthdays, including a Spidey strip from my tenth birthday in 1976. A Secret Agent Corrigan as well.

There is a FF48 (I think that was it) in this thread with dec 6 in 1966 as well. That seems to be a few months after the book came out but I wouldn't complain if it said nev 29!

A few years ago I bought a collection of some 3-4,000 books mostly bronze with some late silvers and 70% of them had date stamps. All were in incredible condition as well. Kept this collection without grading. Maybe next year ill get to send some in...