• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Date Stamp (and Store Stamp) Love
14 14

563 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, littledoom said:

What's the cut off date for a stamp to be acceptable before the grade is impacted? I have some DD Miller date stamps from the 80s.. I found that funny

Honestly if it’s a 9.8 books and the date stamp is the only thing on it, I’m pretty sure it can still warrant a 9.8. If not I k ow for sure you can get 9.4-9.6 books with date stamps. In many ways they are regarded as part of the process back in the day.

Edited by comicginger1789

On 6/3/2020 at 1:49 PM, CJ Design said:

Well loved keeper-because of the stamp.

tos46 (2).jpeg

Great example of Marvel chipping too :baiting: :grin:

I was very excited when I stumbled across these at a show in Seattle a few years ago. The dealer purchased them from an older collector from Portland who grew up in the same small town I grew up in and shopped at the same newsstand where I first started collecting kind of seriously in 1965/66. I eventually met the person and his wife and purchased more. Back in the olden days sometimes a store might only get 1 copy of certain title and if you weren't the first one there on a Tuesday or Thursday when new books came out you were SOL unless it wound up at someone else's spinner rack or shelves. More often or night it was depending on when parents went in to town to go shopping or pay bills. It didn't dawn on me that there were older people who collected comics and had their own means if transportation.😡

IMG_2867.JPG

IMG_2868.JPG

IMG_2869.JPG

IMG_2870.JPG

IMG_2871.JPG

IMG_2872.JPG