• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Date Stamp (and Store Stamp) Love
14 14

563 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, 01TheDude said:

That is a weird looking book-- extra long or something, eh? @Get Marwood & I

You might be looking at it on a phone or small hand held device Dude? It's normal size on a desktop - sometimes the boards formatting goes awry and compresses the width to fit the screen on mobiles. 

2 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

You might be looking at it on a phone or small hand held device Dude? It's normal size on a desktop - sometimes the boards formatting goes awry and compresses the width to fit the screen on mobiles. 

wasn't on a phone--- maybe it was how you formatted the image-- the borders are a bit over the top and the website might have had to squeeze that image.

364417943_FF80-a.thumb.jpg.c00f86c07f77f6d9b60837ef881d31aa.jpg

Take for instance this image I use (with date stamp naturally) --- very much streamlined comparatively - no extra boarder at all. I only asked because I am not familiar with that book and it occurred to me that it could just be a weird shape. I will definitely take your word for it.

Just now, 01TheDude said:

wasn't on a phone--- maybe it was how you formatted the image-- the borders are a bit over the top and the website might have had to squeeze that image.

364417943_FF80-a.thumb.jpg.c00f86c07f77f6d9b60837ef881d31aa.jpg

Take for instance this image I use (with date stamp naturally) --- very much streamlined comparatively - no extra boarder at all. I only asked because I am not familiar with that book and it occurred to me that it could just be a weird shape. I will definitely take your word for it.

This is what my post looks like on my phone:Screenshot_20200628-234108_Chrome.thumb.jpg.37134d3d0c779ff8322705cedebd8f3b.jpg

This is what it should look like:

Screenshot_20200628-234115_Chrome.thumb.jpg.364116ca1600f98acb28bafe25f3074c.jpg

1 minute ago, 01TheDude said:

my setting for the website were probably off. no biggie. your second image looks normal to me.

It's not you it's the board software - it has a recurrent glitch. I've raised it but it's out of the admins control. Have to live with it until Invision fix it. 

43 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

1206445486_Thor129-a.thumb.jpg.18dc61c2239aef9e6c97e330c0dc560c.jpg

Note the small star stamp on the R --- military overseas PX was what I was told this shows

For the right time period the little star stamp was also a good indicator as to whether the book would have a Mark Jewelers insert. Far too early for this book though. 

28 minutes ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

The most hated stamp in my collection.  One of these days I'm going to buy an unstamped copy, but man alive, it's kind of expensive.

Batman #232.jpg

you never know-- someone might want it and trade you even up for their copy without a stamp. Many of us kind of covet and appreciate the stamps -- though on a key I can see you might be less enthusiastic.