• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Date Stamp (and Store Stamp) Love
14 14

563 posts in this topic

Very excited about this purchase for even MORE reasons now.

First, it was a solid deal. Second, I love Moon Knight and to get his second appearance is great. And finally if you squint, I believe that date stamp reads June 12, my birth date!!!! Year is wrong but I don’t expect to find a 1989 stamp so this is the next best thing. Wish it was a tad more visible tho! 

The “N” has to be June. The “1” is visible and in person I can make out the faint “2” next to it :)

image.jpg

image.jpg

On 4/13/2021 at 6:55 PM, kccoig14 said:

Here's a cool one I came across while reading through some of my older books. Pretty sure I have another one with this same stamp too. I'll have to dig and look for it.

Polish_20210411_163234621.jpg

20210413_154042.jpg

20210413_155025.jpg

Looks like the Maltese cross or the order of St. John, but with crossed swords.... hm 

1 hour ago, gadzukes said:

Coverless, with a cool old stamp at the bottom.

"compliments"..... does that mean they were giving it away?

1.jpeg

It seems like it would have been sitting in a waiting area at the shoe repair - ? -  along with Penthouse and Sports Illustrated.  A little extra advertising.

This is the splash page from AV 55.  I have a half-dozen Avengers books with this stamp on the splash page.  Well after publication, so I figure either an LCS "received" stamp, or one of those who owned it before I did.  Not likely an LCS as I don't have any other titles with this stamp (or anything like it) and I didn't buy just a few books from any of the LCS's I visited in the mid-70s and certainly not just a single title.

Avengers 55 - Date Stamp.JPG