• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MyComicShop closed due to Coronavirus
3 3

75 posts in this topic

Just noticed MCS home page: 

"The coronavirus shutdown has come to MyComicShop. We are temporarily ceasing operations in accordance with new direction from the governor of Texas. We are not accepting new orders at this time. Please see MyComicShop status updates for more."

MyComicShop will be closed as of Thursday April 2

We are temporarily closed in accordance with direction from the governor of Texas that requires non-essential businesses to close beginning Thursday, April 2. We will update this page as new information becomes available.

Affected services:

• Orders: we are not accepting any new orders at this time. Any orders already received will be processed and shipped Wednesday, April 1.
  • The weekly auction that began Monday, March 30 has been canceled. Upcoming auctions in April are postponed indefinitely until we will be able to reopen.

Hoping they can still get my consignment check out. :wishluck:

Edited by Black_Adam

35 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

They are not a retail business so I believe they can remain open?

People are attending to the live auction weekly (probably they ceased attending few weeks ago) while the online bidding is going on.

Edited by JollyComics

3 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

People are attending to the live auction weekly (probably they ceased attending few weeks ago) while the online bidding is going on.

I’m guessing that would be suspended 

1 hour ago, G.A.tor said:

They are not a retail business so I believe they can remain open?

Even for online businesses, I would think it would be difficult to maintain shipping and receiving operations under the new state guidelines.

MCS sent me an email this morning saying they would except my consignment books. I mailed them out shortly after  that so I hope there will be someone to accept them when they arrive.