• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MyComicShop closed due to Coronavirus
3 3

75 posts in this topic

37 minutes ago, Black_Adam said:

Even for online businesses, I would think it would be difficult to maintain shipping and receiving operations under the new state guidelines.

Not really. Usps, Fedex and ups are all considered essential and are operating normally 

38 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

Not really. Usps, Fedex and ups are all considered essential and are operating normally 

I meant more of the actual handling of the collectibles in their facility re: shipping and receiving. I am guessing a large number of those employees will no longer be allowed to go to work at Heritage with the new order.

Edited by Black_Adam

1 hour ago, jayhawker said:

MCS sent me an email this morning saying they would except my consignment books. I mailed them out shortly after  that so I hope there will be someone to accept them when they arrive. 

Given how well run they've always been I'm sure someone will still be accepting consignment boxes (even if it's Buddy and Conan doing it!)  Them closing is tough news - I buy (and do a bit of selling) with them constantly.

This damn virus.

I paid Heritage for a book I won, today. The person I spoke to was working from home. She said the book might be a little late, but didn't mention weeks late. We'll see.

I still have books at ComicConnect and look how well that is going :tonofbricks:

The dallas shelter in place order would seem to preclude the workers from coming in for this non-essential business. They can work from home, but most of what mycs does will not be doable from home. What happened in dallas seems weird. A judge apparently issued the order, but the article didn't say who asked him to (the mayor, etc.)

43 minutes ago, the blob said:

The dallas shelter in place order would seem to preclude the workers from coming in for this non-essential business. They can work from home, but most of what mycs does will not be doable from home. What happened in dallas seems weird. A judge apparently issued the order, but the article didn't say who asked him to (the mayor, etc.)

My wife is in Dallas and went to a grocery store. Said there are people everywhere...crazy. 

50 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

My wife is in Dallas and went to a grocery store. Said there are people everywhere...crazy. 

Grocery store is deemed essential. Can't stop people from getting food. But yeah, here in New York half the spread probably happened in mid March when folks were panic buying in supermarkets and on top of each other.

Essential businesses are largely limited to health care providers, grocery stores, take out food vendors, delivery drivers, lawyers, doctors, media, car repair, gas stations, and in some states gun shops.  

Most responsible businesses have workers working remotely if they can.

In 911 the heroes were fire fighters.  

In Covid-19 the heroes are grocery stores clerks and hospital workers.  They are getting paid minimum wage to be on the front line of exposure.  The grocery store clerks are making minimum wage.

9 hours ago, GR Tex said:

We don't need a new thread for every little announcement.

For a major one like this? We sure do. It's big news. The ebay comic book equivalent of Ford Motor Company suspending all operations. Heritage is deep in the heart of Texas. I imagine the order will cover them as well?

I believe Florida will issue a similar statewide stay at home order within the next seven days, my sole rationale for this prediction being my comics just arrived at CGC for grading yesterday. :tonofbricks:

8 hours ago, the blob said:

Grocery store is deemed essential. Can't stop people from getting food. But yeah, here in New York half the spread probably happened in mid March when folks were panic buying in supermarkets and on top of each other.

The reference wasn’t to folks in the grocery store (that was relatively empty she said) but there were scores of folks out an about. A group of kids sitting on cars in a car wash , folks walking on street /sidewalk window shopping rest of strip mall , some “congregating “ in benches etc 

7 minutes ago, Black_Adam said:

I believe Florida will issue a similar statewide stay at home order within the next seven days, my sole rationale for this prediction being my comics just arrived at CGC for grading yesterday. :tonofbricks:

South Florida has been under a stay at home order, but they STILL have not closed some of the  beaches in other areas. 

It's a big State, with 2 time zones. @G.A.tor taught me that eons ago.

Wondering how this might affect Heritage since they are based in Dallas.  Anyone have any information to share?  Not trying to hijack this thread so I apologize in advance if this is to purely be a discussion with respect to MCS.  

1 hour ago, Vince G said:

Wondering how this might affect Heritage since they are based in Dallas.  Anyone have any information to share?  Not trying to hijack this thread so I apologize in advance if this is to purely be a discussion with respect to MCS.  

No news yet from Heritage re: possible closure, but I know I won't be bidding on anything there with a potential shutdown looming.

7 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

I may need to learn how to skin and butcher one of those. Not that we have any around here. Maybe raccoons and possum? No way I'd be able to catch one of our squirrels.