• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] -- B&B 28 added 4/5 -- You buy Silver (or Bronze, but no more Gold...), give me money for stocks

52 posts in this topic

Let's add a few raw books for those out there needing some reading material.  First up:

(Uncanny) X-Men 131, first full White Queen (Emma Frost).  Substantial wear on the spine and the edges of both covers, call this one a 3.5

SOLD!

Spoiler

131 front.jpg

Spoiler

131 rear.jpg

Edited by mattn792

Spoiler

(Uncanny) X-Men 135.  Dark Phoenix has that look in her eye...

Another one presenting much better than its assigned grade.  A number of small color-breaking tics and bends along the edges of both covers.  There's also a small spot on the bottom edge of the back cover where it looks like the book got wet and subsequently dried out.  No other signs of moisture noted.  Moderate non-color breaking bends throughout both covers.  Call this one a 5.0.

$8 shipped

Currently on eBay.

Spoiler

135 front.jpg

Spoiler

135 rear.jpg

Edited by mattn792

Spoiler

(Uncanny) X-Men 137 - Death of Phoenix.  First of many.  

Two words - B eautiful.  Three more words - Except the spine.  The photos tell the story better than words.  A very detail oriented pressing professional could probably do some good work on this.  As is though, I give the book a 6.0.

$18 shipped

Currently on eBay.

Spoiler

137 front.jpg

Spoiler

137 rear.jpg

Edited by mattn792

Special Edition X-Men #1.  Offered here because it reprints the historic Giant Size X-Men #1.  Don't crack that slab to read the book, buy this one instead!  Probably about a 6.5, but condition isn't the selling point on this one.

$6 shipped (or I'll include it for free to anyone who buys the GSX 1 listed in this thread)

SE 1 front.jpg

SE 1 rear.jpg

Edited by mattn792

Up next is Thor 186.  Hela is up to no good.  Book is in excellent condition, no rips/tears, creases, missing pieces, stains, that I can see.  A few minor spine tics, and some very minor color loss around the edges of the top half of the front cover.  Could very well grade in the low 9s, but I'll conservatively call it an 8.5.

SOLD

Spoiler

Front.jpg

Spoiler

Rear.jpg

Edited by mattn792

Spoiler

Captain America 241.  The Punisher pays Mr. Rogers a visit.  Cover by Frank Miller and Bob McLeod.  A pressing would do wonders for this book, it has a lot of non-color breaking creasing throughout both covers.  There's also about a 3 inch line across the bottom of the front cover where it seems like the paper was pinched.  I can't see or feel anything that would indicate its a tear that's been repaired.  Calling this one a 5.0.

$9 shipped

Currently on eBay.

Spoiler

Rear.jpg

Spoiler

Front.jpg

Edited by mattn792

26 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

Up next is Thor 186.  Hela is up to no good.  Book is in excellent condition, no rips/tears, creases, missing pieces, stains, that I can see.  A few minor spine tics, and some very minor color loss around the edges of the top half of the front cover.  Could very well grade in the low 9s, but I'll conservatively call it an 8.5.

$25 shipped

Front.jpg

Rear.jpg

:takeit:

Let's go back to DC today with an affordably priced copy of Brave and the Bold #28.  First Justice League of America.

Affordably priced largely due to this being a CGC .5, cr/ow pages.  However, we must keep in mind that not all .5s are created equal.  What I found most compelling about this copy is that it is still structurally intact without any tape or extra staples or crazy glue splattered on it.  And there's no large chunks missing from it.  The obvious major flaw is the color loss on the front and, to a lesser extent, the back covers.  But at the same time, the JLA title and the action on the front cover are still very much intact.  

$850 $700 $650 shipped

28 front.png

28 rear.png

Edited by mattn792
one last price drop

Good people of the Boards -- because a certain unnamed University of Florida fan keeps posting books that I really really REALLY want, some of my funds went awry.  

Why should you care?  Because we're throwing the doors back open, this time starting with 15% off listed price on all remaining books!