• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Holy covid.. A new era!
1 1

14 posts in this topic

Post-Rona :insane:

In all seriousness, who originally made the distinction for what years the ages would span and when was this decision made?  It seems like this "modern age" is extending much longer then all of the other ages.  Seems like the modern age should've ended between 5 and 10 years ago with the boom of variants and spec hunting.

10 hours ago, Lightning55 said:

I nominate "Dark Age".  Pollution will cut off the light from the Sun.

With industry shuttered (not that we have much industry left) other than ventilator production and far fewer people driving right now, it may be just the opposite. At least for a minute. Satellite photos actually showed how the smog lifted and air quality improved in the areas of China under house arrest.

Just waiting for Cgc to designate next pedigree 'Quarantine' since geezer collectors were self-isolating in their basements so had time to dig thru all the boxes at the VERY back of storage to find some misfiled GA, SA gems. :bigsmile:

16 hours ago, Keys_Collector said:

Post-Rona :insane:

In all seriousness, who originally made the distinction for what years the ages would span and when was this decision made?  It seems like this "modern age" is extending much longer then all of the other ages.  Seems like the modern age should've ended between 5 and 10 years ago with the boom of variants and spec hunting.

I think what we currently consider the Modern Age will be broken down into a few ages. At the very least, the launch of DC's New 52 was close enough to Marvel Now and the relaunch of Valiant that 2011-2012 is a cusp between ages.

Also, was going to start a thread on this very topic but someone beat me to it.

On 4/1/2020 at 11:46 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I think what we currently consider the Modern Age will be broken down into a few ages. At the very least, the launch of DC's New 52 was close enough to Marvel Now and the relaunch of Valiant that 2011-2012 is a cusp between ages.

Also, was going to start a thread on this very topic but someone beat me to it.

2011 - 2020 is the speculation Age

4 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Is this the same as "shelter in place" or "stay at home", but just using nicer terminology?  hm  :fear:

Is "house arrest" nicer than those?