• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does Anyone Know if CGC Will Close?
4 4

568 posts in this topic

So the sky isn't falling and CGC isn't shutting down huh. They are staying open as well as about 90% of everyone else who hasn't already shut down here in Florida... Which is a ton of stuff related to tourist, tourism, bars,clubs ECT. Anyway, like I said yesterday,it's a SAFER AT HOME ORDER not Martial law.

Anyways... 

Waves look really fun and Cocoa Beach is pretty empty unless you live here, time for a surf session out back...catch you all later, surf time!

27 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:
33 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

I am absolutely not reading your posts incorrectly.

This has nothing to do with being afraid of CV-19. I'm not afraid of it either.

It has to do with how your freedom affects others inadvertently.

You don't have the freedom to 'do what you want' if it takes away from someone else's freedom to live.

But you just enjoy arguing with people and looking for reasons to disagree rather than reasons to agree so the discussion with you is pointless.

You are, though.

Since it's inadvertent, yes, I actually do/should.

Think whatever you want (because that is what freedom is).

We're discussing different things and you refuse to admit it.

You physically and personally have the freedom to do what you want.

But socially, you don't.

Freedom within a society takes into account morality, ethics and the law. Your personal freedom doesn't have to.

So you may not care if you get infected by CV-19 but if your 'personal freedom' might cause someone else's health (and by extension freedom) to get taken away then you will have yours removed.

That's the extent of your freedom, ultimately.

19 minutes ago, KryptoSpidey said:

So the sky isn't falling and CGC isn't shutting down huh. They are staying open as well as about 90% of everyone else who hasn't already shut down here in Florida... Which is a ton of stuff related to tourist, tourism, bars,clubs ECT. Anyway, like I said yesterday,it's a SAFER AT HOME ORDER not Martial law.

You should watch some video footage of people dying and hospitals being overwhelmed and you might feel differently about tourism.

20 minutes ago, KryptoSpidey said:

Waves look really fun and Cocoa Beach is pretty empty unless you live here, time for a surf session out back...catch you all later, surf time!

Because if people continue to perpetuate the problem, this happens:

https://globalnews.ca/news/6736702/coronavirus-italy-surfing/

21 minutes ago, KryptoSpidey said:

Anyways... 

"SAFER AT HOME" what a joke.

Can't go the beach here. First they shut down the parking lots then they had life guards drive up and take away the stupid one's "freedom" away and told them to go home. Drove by the beach this morning early on the way home from the store.  Nice 4' glassed off tubes with no one on them...

It suks, but I'm OK with it. The waves will always be there waiting for me.

1 minute ago, G G ® said:

I don't like being cooped up, just like everyone else, but there is still much more freedom left in our lives than being in a prison cell. I'll take all the restrictions on the chin if it helps the health workers cope with the situation, because if we all get sick at once...we've had it, and that's that. 

This disease is going to kill a lot of people here, and probably every single person on these forums will know somebody who dies. Boardies will die.

I am afraid. The fact that others aren't...well bully for them.

I'm afraid for myself, I'm afraid for my children and my loved ones.

I'm more afraid of the fools who think they are above all this.

Cos guess what? Nobody is.

:golfclap:

6 minutes ago, G G ® said:

I don't like being cooped up, just like everyone else, but there is still much more freedom left in our lives than being in a prison cell. I'll take all the restrictions on the chin if it helps the health workers cope with the situation, because if we all get sick at once...we've had it, and that's that. 

This disease is going to kill a lot of people on the planet, and probably every single person on these forums will know somebody who dies. Boardies will die.

I am afraid. The fact that others aren't...well bully for them.

I'm afraid for myself, I'm afraid for my children and my loved ones.

I'm more afraid of the fools who think they are above all this.

Cos guess what? Nobody is.

:golfclap:

FB friend messaged me abt guy selling custom made facemasks nearby-just went and picked one up.  never thought I'd ever be one of those facemask people.  what next-a cellphone?

18 hours ago, bloodwings19 said:

I feel for the people who has books that passed through the post office.  They will get stuck at the post office, or at CGC post office box.

The books can and will eventually return, sooner or later. I pray for their health and safety first, which without that, where the books are and when they'll see them again means absolutely nothing.