• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does Anyone Know if CGC Will Close?
4 4

568 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, chrisco37 said:

I didn't read this thread and, frankly, I'm stunned BK would even ask the question.  The total definition of "non-essential".  

You may want to read the thread.  It has a shocking conclusion.  

2 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

You may want to read the thread.  It has a shocking conclusion.  

You're probably right...I only read the first few posts.  I'll get back to you on this one.

5 hours ago, Buzzetta said:
7 hours ago, joeypost said:

Great news indeed. I am sure all the supporting businesses will also stay open feeding the CGC machine. 

Now, does that mean you can drop orders off?

Well, since you seem to live in the highly contagious hot spot of Long Island, N.Y. :sick:;  I believe you won't be able to get anywhere close to CGC HQ's since they might not even let you cross the state line into Florida.  :gossip:  lol

2 hours ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Prediction:  CGC won't remain open for long during this pandemic.  The situation in parts of FLA is about to become how NYC was ten days ago. 

New cases grew by >1000 each of last 2 days. Bulk of them coming from the largest county Miami Dade. 

2 hours ago, Point Five said:
2 hours ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Prediction:  CGC won't remain open for long during this pandemic.  The situation in parts of FLA is about to become how NYC was ten days ago. 

+1. :(

It's probably because most of the Asian countries have lived through these kinds of pandemics before, and as a result, take the situation much more seriously and try to PROACTIVELY stop it as soon as possible before it gets totally uncontrollable and unmanageable.  Just take a look at their body counts in terms of new cases and deaths and they were able to plank the curve at realtively low numbers. :applause:

In comparison, North America seems to be taking the REACTIVE approach and waiting for the next event or indicator to show up first before deciding to take the next baby step to address the problem, almost in seeming fear of being seen as overreacting to the situation and having the general public complain too much.   :blahblah:  :blahblah:  doh!

No doubt Florida will wait to be like NYC or Italy before they finally get around to taking the appropriate steps to address the problem. :taptaptap: :sick:  :sick:  :screwy:  

Edited by lou_fine

2 hours ago, Point Five said:

+1. :(

If they keep staff to ten or less they shouldn’t have a problem. They may work in shifts to keep grading going without breaking the mandate to keep groups to 10 or less. 

4 hours ago, Bookery said:

This isn't original to me, but it's been pointed out that in WW2, during a crisis, we were asked to go into battle, and tens of thousands were killed and maimed.  They knew this, and did it anyway.  Today... we are only being asked to sit at home and watch TV.  It's really not the same thing.

Definitely not hard to figure out who had the much tougher assignment and made the bigger sacrifice in these two wars here. hm

The soldiers who fought overseas for their country thousands of miles away hoping to be able to return back home safely one day, or the hard done by citizens nowadays being asked to simply stay home so that they can win this war against the Covid-19 enemy sooner rather than later.  :facepalm:

Edited by lou_fine

15 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

No doubt Florida will wait to be like NYC or Italy before they finally get around to taking the appropriate steps to address the problem. :taptaptap: :sick:  :sick:  :screwy:  

Yep. The governor issued an order overruling local officials that were stopping religious services because of the number of people attending and the inability to be a proper distance from each other. The governor has issued an order that religious services cannot be shut down. [Facts not politics]

21 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

We'd like to think that no leftover food goes to waste but in many cases, and I can't imagine why, it's actually illegal for a food vendor, restaurant, diner, etc., etc., to donate their leftover this and that to those that would benefit from it. My sister worked as an administrator at a college and one thing she oversaw was one of the cafeterias. Sometimes they'd have to throw out massive amounts of food, and of course they'd let the employees take what they wanted, but rules were that it couldn't be donated or brought elsewhere, even to the needy. I think it went beyond just the rules, into the actual laws against it if I remember right.

yep i am pretty sure that almost every single sit down restaurant that was forced to close lost all their food , except fo what little the owners were able to keep or give to friends

here in Michigan our Governor announced one day that all restaurants must close by 3:00 the next day , with less than 24 hours notice it is highly unlikely any food was served the next day except for breakfast establishments

Edited by 1950's war comics

i have no idea how anyone expects golf courses to survive the forced closures here in Michigan , they have already been closed all winter and now they need revenue to pay for mowing, watering .. everything 

the average water and tax bill alone for an average 18 hole course is $100,000 , and they can't let it go , if a golf green is let go for just one month it will take an entire year at least $10,000 to fix it

golf is an outdoor sport with at most four people in a group and seldom in close proximity unless they are in a cart together , i have heard that courses in North Carolina are offering seperate carts per person ... there is no reason for courses to be closed, maybe tournaments need to be postponed but not open play

5 hours ago, Point Five said:

In local news, here in NYC they just shut down the playgrounds all across the city because families were congregating there. This bums me out tremendously, because taking my son to the playground is one of the very few things he's enjoyed since everything shut down here a few weeks back. But is the city "right" to shut them down? They absolutely are. Whether I like it or not, lives will 100% be saved because they took this action.

This is a perfect example of how selfish people exercising their own 'freedom' will get everyone else's FREEDOM taken away.